PDA

View Full Version : Frederick James Peters born c.1896 in Brighton

CharlotteC
06-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi

I've been researching my grandmother's paternal tree, as her father left her mother when she was less than a year old, and never knew him. She passed away 2 years ago and I would love to find out what happened to her father.

All I had was his name, so having researched birth certificates, marriage certificates and census records I have discovered that Frederick James Peters was born in 1896 probably at 39 Grand Parade, East Brighton.
His father was Thomas W Peters b. 1858, Brighton and his mother was Sarah Elphick b. 1857, Sydenham, Kent.

He had 7 siblings;
Nellie b.1879
Louise b.1882
Annie b.1883
Walter Albert b.1888
William Henry b.1890
Anabel b.1892
Kate b.1897

Frederick was a 21 year old soldier based at Sittingbourne, Kent at the time of his marriage to Edith Joyce King on 25th January 1917 in Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire. (How they met I'll never know!)

From the marriage certificate I could also see that Frederick's father was Thomas Peters, so I searched the 1901 census for a Frederick Peters whose father was called Thomas and this was the only one that came up. I am 99% certain I have the right family!

All I would like now, is for someone to know what happened to Frederick after he left the family in about 1921. Did he return to Brighton to his family?
I do hope someone out there has some information for me, many thanks in advance!

Charlotte.