PDA

View Full Version : Mackay/Sinclair

bettyespana
04-09-2006, 9:46 AM
Alice Mackay/Kennedy Sinclair were the parents of Sarah Elizabeth Sinclair my G.Grandmother.

Sarah was born in Caithness & married in Edinburgh (St Giles) district 1867.

The only info I have of Alice Mackay is that she came from Berwick on Tweed & her parents were Robert Mackay/Ann Smith m.7.10.1798.

This info came via one of our fellow members on B-G. & is according to LDS records.

I have tried searching BMD records for both England & Scotland but cannot find any definitive connections.

Can anyone help please?

Regards
bettyespana

Lesley Robertson
29-10-2008, 4:28 PM
Alice Mackay/Kennedy Sinclair were the parents of Sarah Elizabeth Sinclair my G.Grandmother.

Sarah was born in Caithness & married in Edinburgh (St Giles) district 1867.

The only info I have of Alice Mackay is that she came from Berwick on Tweed & her parents were Robert Mackay/Ann Smith m.7.10.1798.

This info came via one of our fellow members on B-G. & is according to LDS records.

I have tried searching BMD records for both England & Scotland but cannot find any definitive connections.

Can anyone help please?

Regards
bettyespana

Betty, I'm moving this to the General Scottish forum since it involves other counties, but not Berwickshire. Berwick on Tweed in still in the hands of the English!:D You need Northumberland for it.

Lesley