PDA

View Full Version : marriotts and binyan from mauton

hyatt
02-09-2006, 6:49 AM
hi
does anyone have any information on the marriotts and the binyans from maunton.
I have found my thomas benjamin marriott christened 1828 in redbourne hertford in the 1841 census with his family ( george marriott father may mother...siblings are james abt 1830 and JASON binyan about 1835 transcribed as tuson marriott on ancestry there is also an older brother christened abbotts langley 1824 but I cannot find him after this date) in mile end old town middlesex. the 1851 census gives his fathers place of birth as maunton northampton.
found some of the christenings from parish records in the IGI.
but there are no marriage records and unfortunately It seems there are 3 generations of thomas marriotts all with wives named MARY.
my thomas marriott was married to mary geddes but the others names are unknown by me.
my thomas has a brother named jason binyan abt 1835 and he named his son thomas binyan so I did a seaarch and found a family named binyan also from maunton. but there is little information on them except for an entry in maunton 1841 census of a mary marriott 75 years abt 1766 living in the same dwelling as a Thomas BINYAN aged 45.

it seems likely the families are related but I cant find the info I need to verify this.
any help with any members of this family would be most welcome.