PDA

View Full Version : More Wiltshire Names: DAVIS, FIDLER, HILLIARD, JOHNSON, WESTBURY,

Lindad
01-09-2006, 10:15 PM
My Wiltshire roots also include the following names:

BARLY (Burbage)
CHANDLER (Burbage)
COX (Burbage?)
DAVIS (Burbage)
FIDLER (Burbage?)
HANDCOCK (Burbage)
HILLIARD (Burbage)
JOHNSON (Burbage)
NEWMAN (Burbage)
PYKE (Burbage?)
WESTBURY (Burbage)

I'd love to hear from anyone researching the same names.

stella
29-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Greetings Lindad,

I notice your interest in the CHANDLER name. I have been stuck for a while now on a Sophia CHANDLER marrying a Francis Wenlock HOLTON in St.Mary's Lambeth in 1823 by banns,in the presence of a Thomas CHANDLER. On the 1841 census for London, she states born out of London. Does this ring any bells at all? Hopefully so, Thanks & Kind regards, Stella:)

Mutley
29-11-2006, 10:58 PM
The Fidlers were very common in Berkshire in the early 1800's
Any connection?

Mutley

Lindad
17-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Greetings Lindad,

I notice your interest in the CHANDLER name. I have been stuck for a while now on a Sophia CHANDLER marrying a Francis Wenlock HOLTON in St.Mary's Lambeth in 1823 by banns,in the presence of a Thomas CHANDLER. On the 1841 census for London, she states born out of London. Does this ring any bells at all? Hopefully so, Thanks & Kind regards, Stella:)Apologies Stella! I've only just noticed your post to this thread. I'm sorry, the names you have mentioned don't ring any bells with me. I see Francis died in 1844... have you been able to find Sophia on a later census? Did she remarry - or has your trail gone cold?

HiFly
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Saw your list of Burbage Names...checked my files and I have about 2/3 of those names connected some way or other in my extended VALLIS (Vallace/Vallas etc.) tree.

You probably have most of them...but if interested in comparing notes..PM or IM me.

HiFly

stella
05-04-2007, 3:08 AM
Hi Lindad,
Many thanks for your reply, I too have been busy moving from one side of the country to the other!!
Regards to Holton Sophia, she unfortunately dies 2 years after Francis, so alas I am stuck.
Thanks again,
Stella

brianb
18-11-2007, 3:05 AM
Hi there

I have also been looking at Burbage folks, being related to Hillier, often linked to Hilliard. I found a lot of info on http://www.burbage-wiltshire.co.uk/FHS/burbage.htm including Hilliard / Hilliers.

hope this is useful

Regards

Brian