PDA

View Full Version : Reed

KatieB
24-08-2006, 1:39 PM
I am have great diffuclty with William Thomas Reid my husbands Great Grandfather. he seemed to appear from nowhere in Brynmawr 1890 claming to be 30, born in Herefordshire son of Wiliam Reid then when the family move to Birmingham going by the name Thomas Read. All the William or Thomas Re*d's I have found with a father William have had a brother Thomas/William so it is looking more and more like he is William Reed b c1857 Tregare/Llantillio Crosseny Monmouthshire. The family were living in Herefordshire in 1871 so he may have thought he was born there.
I have found the family in the census up to 1881 when they were living in Jordens Field Cottage, Dixon,Monmouth (without William jnr) but I can't find any trace of them after this.
I have checked through the death Indexs for a death of William Reed in Herefordshire and Monmouthshire between 1871-1920 and have'nt found one so I am hopeful that I finally have the right one.

Hoping a fresh pair of eyes may help.

blue eyes
24-08-2006, 2:08 PM
Hi Katie found the following on the online LDS IGI:-

Willian jr Reed birth 7-12-1852 Brynmawr, Brecon, Wales
Parents Willian Reed and Sarah Lewis Reed. Another child Jane Reed born same place, birth 1854 died abt 1856.

KatieB
24-08-2006, 2:29 PM
Hadn't seen that one but looks a bit old will have a look and see if I can find them 1861 onwards.