PDA

View Full Version : Phipps/Clarke Whetstone/Cosby Leicester

Glendy
23-08-2006, 1:33 PM
I am looking for John Phipps c1855 Whetstone, according to the Census 1881 he was married to Rebecca (nee Clarke) from Cosby, but I can't find any registration of a marriage taking place in BMD - Also there are more than one John Phipps and Rebecca Clarke with dates around 1848-56 causing me confusion. I'm not able to search the parish records as I live in Belgium so I'm hoping someone here will be able to give me any info on Phipps and/or Clarke Families.

jamy
28-08-2007, 10:26 PM
I am looking for John Phipps c1855 Whetstone, according to the Census 1881 he was married to Rebecca (nee Clarke) from Cosby, but I can't find any registration of a marriage taking place in BMD - Also there are more than one John Phipps and Rebecca Clarke with dates around 1848-56 causing me confusion. I'm not able to search the parish records as I live in Belgium so I'm hoping someone here will be able to give me any info on Phipps and/or Clarke Families.
hi glendy as you can tell im new to this i think the phipps and clarke you mentioned are my ancestors JOHN PHIPPS(BEEBY) BORN 1854 DIED 17\07\1914 GARDEN ST SOUTH WIGSTON LEICESTER MARRIED REBECCA (NEE CLARKE) 14\09\1875 IN COSBY REBECCA DIED 14\03\1918 ALSO GARDEN ST SOUTH WIGSTON they are my great grandparents. if i can help any more let me know bye for now jamy