PDA

View Full Version : Was this photo taken in KINGHORN?

Mary Young
20-08-2006, 7:10 PM
Where was this photo taken (dated early 1920s)?
The family were at Viewforth Place and Burt Avenue, KINGHORN, before moving to Bonnyrigg and finally to Edinburgh.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/scottishagate/John_Lewis_1_50.jpg

Ed McKie
21-08-2006, 8:04 AM
Interesting Photo Mary.

Chap with the collar and tie, but wearing wellies, is odd in intself, however, he also appears to have a mobile phone attached to his fob watch chain :-)

Cheers..Ed

Mary Young
22-08-2006, 9:19 AM
Chap with the collar and tie, but wearing wellies, is odd in intself, however, he also appears to have a mobile phone attached to his fob watch chain :-)
Hello Ed
The older man might be my Glasgow grandfather, JOHN LEWIS, visiting his son's family. He was always "well-dressed" which in those days meant collar and tie, waistcoat, watch and chain. Grandfather smoked a pipe, maybe a box of matches in pocket. Suspect he'd put on the wellies to help with digging the tatties. My dad (on left) had two artificial legs and although a keen gardener found digging very difficult.
Alternatively, it might be dad's father-in-law, ROBERT BEATSON, who lived in Kinghorn.

gszparman
18-08-2009, 6:16 PM
Interesting Photo Mary.

Cheers..Ed

think its a pack of tabacco!

Mary Young
19-08-2009, 4:46 PM
think its a pack of tabacco!
That could be right! My grandparents were both addicted pipe smokers; he smoked a regular wooden pipe, my gran used a clay.