PDA

View Full Version : Broadmoor Green, St John's.

agness
19-08-2006, 9:32 PM
I've just received the death certificate of an ancestor who died in 1876 at Broadmoor Green, St John's, which I believe is near Rushwick. She had lived in Worcester but had moved away with her husband and presumably was visiting relatives or friends but I can't discover who they could possibly be. Does anyone recognise this address? Her name was Chapman nee Hundley.

blue eyes
19-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I've just received the death certificate of an ancestor who died in 1876 at Broadmoor Green, St John's, which I believe is near Rushwick. She had lived in Worcester but had moved away with her husband and presumably was visiting relatives or friends but I can't discover who they could possibly be. Does anyone recognise this address? Her name was Chapman nee Hundley.

In 1871 there is a Fanny and Frederick A Chapman living with there daughter Maud age 6 at 22 Fellows? Cottage would these be them?

Julie

agness
19-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Hello Julie,
Thanks for getting back to me and yes it is them. They moved to Staffordshire from Worcester but in 1876 when Fanny died in Broadmore Green, her husband, who registered the death was living in Shropshire. Knowing so little about her, where she was born, (Kidderminster, maybe) who her parents were, I'm after any scraps of info I can get i.e why was she in Broadmore Green?
Cheers Agness.

blue eyes
19-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi Agness, Fanny married in the district of Martley, Worcs in the oct/nov/dec 1/4 1865 vol. 6c page 510. If you want to know her fathers name, certificates can be ordered online £7.00 each. I had trouble trying to find in 1841

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Julie

agness
20-08-2006, 7:11 PM
Once again Julie, thanks for your interest and have done as you suggest and am waiting for her marriage certificate. Her daughter Maud, was illegitimate
and while knowing all about Maud's father(not Frederick) Fanny,for years, has been just a name on Maud's birth certificate. So all this has been a real break-through and I just really want to know her background.
Agness.