PDA

View Full Version : Looking for FINCHES!

Trishtrash
14-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone, I have discovered that my ggrandmother was a FINCH. Her father William J Finch, came from Essex. He then came to live in Liverpool. I know very little about him apart from his name but thought I would register interest on this board just in case..! Thanks for reading this, fingers crossed!

Wirral
14-08-2006, 12:33 AM
In the 1881 census there is a William Finch, born abt 1847 in Leigh, Essex, living in Liverpool. Is this your ancestor? Do you have any birth, marriage or death certificates for the family? Have you found them in any of the censuses?

Trishtrash
14-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi, Yes I have them from 1871 forward but would like to find out if Williams wife was in fact Irish. There is some talk in the family that he was a soldier in Ireland and married a local girl. I can only find him in Liverpool working on the Docks and have been unable to find his marriage to Bridget C ??. I am wondering if I need to find an Army Record/marriage in Ireland. I know how difficult this will be but was hoping that someone else might recognise the name and save me a fruitless search!