PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Necropolis Glasgow

Nannybabs
11-08-2006, 6:54 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain details of burials in the Eastern Necropolis in Glasgow?

My husband and I took some Canadian cousins to the cemetery last week and were unable to find the grave we were looking for. The building which we assumed used to be the 'office' was derelict and the was no one around whom we could ask.

Any help would be much appreciated

Barbara

Lesley Robertson
20-08-2006, 8:53 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain details of burials in the Eastern Necropolis in Glasgow?

My husband and I took some Canadian cousins to the cemetery last week and were unable to find the grave we were looking for. The building which we assumed used to be the 'office' was derelict and the was no one around whom we could ask.

Any help would be much appreciated

Barbara
Have you tried the Scottish Genealogy Society?
Their bookshop sells collection of pre-1855 MIs
Are you sure that the stone exists?

jean noble
22-07-2009, 1:11 PM
If you go into the Mitchell Library Glasgow, They have all the graveyards on microfiche, If you have the date of the death it will be easier to research, or you can write to Glasgow City Council , 20 Trongate, Glasgow . They will give you the info, ie death lair grave no. row ect. They may have an e.mail address you could maybe e.mail them with the details. Hope this helps Jean Noble

Daeganne
08-10-2009, 2:45 PM
Good advice from Jean regarding the Mitchell Library.

However, should you decide to go down the route of making enquiries direct to the Cemeteries Office, I believe that the 'search' charge is now in the region of 60.00. (I'm not sure whether this only applies if the place/section/lair is unknown or it applies in general.)

D.