PDA

View Full Version : Black Watch Royal Highlanders

macthomas
11-08-2006, 4:32 PM
Hi Folks,

As you can see, I am very new to this forum but hope you will help me.

Approx 25 years ago, two of my granfathers medals were removed from there legal guardian, my father, by a step family member. Obviously, as these are part of my family history I would like to purchase them back from whoever is now looking after them, if possible.

My Grandfather was George Thomson, Born 28 March 1896 in Star, Kennoway, Fife, Scotland.

The details of the medals are;

1914-15 Star 2346 Pte G Thomson Royal Highlanders
BWM 2346 Pte G Thomson Royal Highlanders
I still have his Victory medal.

From his MIC I see that he also had other service numbers and regiments as follows:

George was in the Royal Highlanders (2346); Private, Labour Corps (5830);Private and again Royal Highlanders (203770); Private. He entered France on the 2 may 1915.

I have checked with the the wounds book in Balhousie, not sure what its called but I belid.

The details of the medals are;

1914-15 Star 2346 Pte G Thomson Royal Highlanders
BWM 2346 Pte G Thomson Royal Highlanders
I still have his Victory medal.

From his MIC I see that he also had other service numbers and regiments as follows:

George was in the Royal Highlanders (2346); Private, Labour Corps (5830);Private and again Royal Highlanders (203770); Private. He entered France on the 2 may 1915.

I have checked with the the wounds book in Balhousie, not sure what its called but I believe it was compiled by Fred Carss? This book gives dates for two wounds being listed in the Scotsman newspaper one on 22/7/1915 and one on 11/9/1916.

I know that due to one of these wounds he was shipped to Greenock "Fort Matilda" to recover although I dont have exact details of this.

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of these medals or can add any more details to the very little that I know I would very much appreciate there efforts.

Hopefully I will find these medals soon as I am sure people must be getting sick of seeing my posts on this subject all over the Internet

Thank you,
Ian