PDA

View Full Version : 1851 and 1861 census look up please.

genie60
06-11-2004, 7:08 PM
Hello,

I am looking for information regarding my gggrandfather Matthew Morton and his wife Ann. In 1846 they were living in the village of Idle near Bradford, they had one son called Frederick in that year. Trying to find out if they had any other children and an address for them in Idle. Any help much appreciated.

Since posting this message I have found a death for a Matthew Morton in 1852,Eccleshall Bierlow,Sheffield. This would mean he may have been living in Sheffield when the 1851 census was taken. Ann might have remarried to a william Morton after Matthew died, on frederick's second marriage certificate his father is listed as William (deceased).

Joel
07-11-2004, 9:05 PM
Lesley, I've had a look throughthe 1851 for Idle (You didn't tell me how BIG idle was!) the only Mortons I found were these ....
-----------------------------------------
HO107 / 2312 / 314 page 18
Winshill
George MORTON Lodger Mar 30 Coalminer Yorks, Idle
Hannah MORTON Lodger Mar 28 Yorks, Idle
---------------------------------------
Joel

genie60
08-11-2004, 12:31 PM
hi Joel,
Thanks for looking. Sorry, I had no idea Idle was a big place!
These rels are elusive. Their son Frederick was born in Idle in 1846 but he is registered in Heeley,Sheffield when he marries his second wife in 1876. Now I just have to figyre out where they went in between those dates.
Thanks again
Lesley