PDA

View Full Version : LEE - Minsterley

Gilly1858
04-08-2006, 10:23 AM
I am currently researching my family tree and have discovered that my grandmother was Millicent Lee born 1890. She married my grandfather Herbert Evans. I have researched back to the early 1800's so far with the Lee family. The Bath Arms (previously the Angel Inn) was in their family for 300 years. If anyone knows any history regarding the Lee family or is in fact a 'Lee' originally from Minsterley then please leave a message. Thank you in advance...............

s.g.d.
27-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Richard Lee had the Bath Arms in1870.

John George Lee 1895,1899

mrs Emily Lee 1934

s.g.d.

Gilly1858
30-08-2006, 8:27 AM
Hi s.g.d

Many thanks for your reply to my post.

Kind regards,

Gilly.

Janetchristine
20-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Hello
I have recently arrived in England from South Africa and will be staying for a while. Was most interested to read about Millicent Lee, who is in fact my aunt. My father was John George Lee, born 1896, who was Millicent's brother. He is of course now dead, having passed away in Durban, South Africa, at the age of 80 in 1976.
While I am in England I would be interested in finding out more about my family history and also meeting some of them. There must be some descendants out there somewhere.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone with any information.
Janet Lee
Hampshire

julian.hargreaves
24-04-2012, 8:36 AM
Janet,

My father has been searching for his uncle, your father, for more than 50 years. You have a half-brother in Australia, anxious to hear what happened to your father, as indeed we all are. The last we know of him was in Durban in 1950.

We have a large amount of data for you. This is very exciting.

Please contact

julian DOT hargreaves1 At gmail DOT com

Hello
I have recently arrived in England from South Africa and will be staying for a while. Was most interested to read about Millicent Lee, who is in fact my aunt. My father was John George Lee, born 1896, who was Millicent's brother. He is of course now dead, having passed away in Durban, South Africa, at the age of 80 in 1976.
While I am in England I would be interested in finding out more about my family history and also meeting some of them. There must be some descendants out there somewhere.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone with any information.
Janet Lee
Hampshire

Gordon Lee
03-05-2012, 8:39 AM
Dear Janet,
My name is Sarala Lee.My husband is Gordon Lee. His father was John George Lee who was traced back to Durban by his cousin's son Julian Hargreaves. We are interested to find about John as Gordon has never seen his father (in Australia) as he was left to his mother Annabel Lee (Lawson) in Newcastle.His father John George Lee left him before he was 12 months old in 1927. Julian is the our family research person and he has posted the message about his information on the Lees in this website. Please reply as we would be delighted to make contact with you from Queensland, Australia.

Our email address is saralalee AT gmail DOT com

royce evans
08-01-2014, 8:51 PM
I am currently researching my family tree and have discovered that my grandmother was Millicent Lee. She married my grandfather Herbert George Alan Evans. My father's name is John Alan Royce Evans, who was born 1916-10-26 in Minsterley Shropshire. I was told that my family had a well known inn in England for many years. I read your story and I was wandering if this is coincidence or if we might actually be related. I would appreciate it if you could shed some light on this for me as I would love to get in touch with my relatives. Kind regards. Alan John Royce Evans (email: vodacom911ATgmailDOTcom)