PDA

View Full Version : FEATHERSTONE of HARTINGTON

saz1885
23-07-2006, 8:22 PM
Please can anyone help?

My ancestor - John William Featherstone - was born around 1901 at Hartington, Derbyshire. He fought in India during the 1st WW, where he married a nurse - Elsie Nora Sewell (1904)

John and Elsie had a daughter (1927, still living). She married my Great Uncle (surname Shenton) who was born in 1920.

John William Featherstone died around 1930.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sarah
x

Neil Wilson
23-07-2006, 8:36 PM
Hi Sarah
You could try John Palmer's Wirksworth site as that covers Hartington
http://www.wirksworth.org.uk/

Cheers
Neil

Pearcey
09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I have a detailed Featherstone of Hartington Tree going back to the 1600's. Unfortunately the last birth entry on it is 1887, so I don't have John William Featherstone. However, if you get back one generation I might be able to help

Carolyn Pearce

Rachel Bach
06-09-2008, 3:30 PM
Dear Sarah,
this may be a bit out of date, and you may have already found out what you want, but I hope this will be of some help - I have on my Featherstone family tree a John William Featherstone born about 1902, son of Francis William Featherstone and Amy Bland. This family were local to Hartington/Biggin in Derbyshire. I dont know anything else at all about J W F, but I have details going back previous generations. FWF's father was Peter Featherstone and Hannah Pett and PF's father was Francis Featherstone who married Sarah Leese. Francis was a son of William Featherstone and Martha Hyde, who died and WF had another 14 children by Mary Bosley and I am descended from one of these. Are you a member of Genes Renunited? My tree is on there if you are able to have a look. If you want to know any more let me know.
Best wishes
Rachel