PDA

View Full Version : Waterford

pompylen
21-07-2006, 8:54 AM
Could someone please tell me if there is a marriage index for Waterford? I am looking for the marriage of Thomas Wise to Catherine ??? 1780 - 1790. Any information would be a great help.

get2BJ
27-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Dear Pompylen,

I don't know if you have already looked on Family Search:
http://www.familysearch.org/

I searched on Thomas Wise, Ireland and a couple of records stood out on the IGI which may be useful in your search. When you get the results, scroll down past 1880 US Census and 1881 British Census to IGI. After the last indexed record you can get to the next page by clicking on 'Matches.... - over 25'

Thomas Wyse, male marriage 06 Jan 1791, Waterford Saint John, Waterford, Ireland - wife's name is not recorded.
Thomas Wyse, male birth Dec 1791, Waterford Saint John, Waterford, Ireland - parent's names not recorded.

Treat this information with caution - you should view the LDS film of the parish records at one of their Family History Centres and not simply rely on the index you see on the website.

Continued/...

get2BJ
27-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Also if you have other details such as parents names, siblings and children born to your Thomas with approximate years, there seems to have been a lot of Wyse activity recorded at the Waterford Saint John Parish. Search using surname only and you may get lucky and find successive generations of Wise/Wyse all in one hit.

Good Luck

Brenda

pompylen
28-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank you very much Brenda, also for the tip with the IGI files, I'll have a good look around as I have the names of two siblings.