PDA

View Full Version : Family Historian

Haggis
16-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I've been using this s/w for a long time now and am more than happy with it.
British built, the designer seems accessible, good user group, uses GEDCOM so no exporting is required.

The package has a vast range of facilities of which, I must admit, I probably only use about 10% (as with MS Office, IE, etc).

I've stuck on version 2.3 for the present, although v 3 is now out, always preferring to let other folk find the bugs in new software.

Peter Goodey
16-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Presumably we all use software that we like.

plantheaven
24-08-2006, 8:59 AM
Hi,
I have also been using Family Historian for a while and have recently upgraded to V.3 and find it great. I too was apprehensive but it seems to work just fine with some really good updates.
There is one problem, however, that I am experiencing and hope someone (when they have stopped laughing long enough) could tell me how to export part of my tree as a GEDCOM file to send to someone. I can do loads of things with this programme EXCEPT that and I am desperate to work it out - can anyone help me please????

Colin Moretti
25-08-2006, 8:51 AM
Don't forget that the format of the FH file is GEDCOM so you don't need to export it at all, just send it as it is! If you only want to send part of it, use the "Split Tree helper" to produce the bit that you want; don't forget to make a backup copy of the file first, though, in case you delete the wrong bits!

Colin