PDA

View Full Version : thomas moore b 1855/derbyshire

perseus
13-07-2006, 1:57 PM
Hi
Looking for the birth registration of Thomas.
He married Jane Tewson 12.3.1881 in Nottingham
1901 census says he was born in Derby Hunley
1881 says he was born Stavely.
His marriage certificate states his father if Frederick Moore
On BMD i found the following
Thomas Moore b 1857.... is wrong
Thomas Moore b 1855 in Derby .....is wrong.
The 1861 census has a family in Derwent Derbyshire
Frederick Moore, wife Annie, and children i/c a son Thomas b 1856.
There is a marriage certificate for Frederick Moore & Annie Daniels.
Just need to prove that Thomas is their son.
And then gat the registration number.
Can anyone help please

Peter Goodey
13-07-2006, 2:26 PM
If you're saying that the 1861 census entry is your family, then Thomas is presumably the one baptised on 24 Jun 1855 at Stanley, the son of Frederic and Hannah, the father's occupation being shown as Labourer.

Source: Stanley One Place Study

perseus
13-07-2006, 2:35 PM
Hi Peter
The query I posted re Thomas Moore's birth registration was actually a query by someone else. What I should have done ( which I'll do now ) is direct them to this website. It sounds as if the Thomas you found may well be her elusive Thomas.
Thanks

maggie

Peter Goodey
13-07-2006, 4:35 PM
By the way there is a birth registration consistent with the Stanley baptism -

June 1855 Thomas Moore Shardlow 7b 346

But quite frankly I think I'd want to see all the evidence before I put any money on that being your man (or her man ;) )

perseus
13-07-2006, 7:38 PM
Thanks again Peter.
I know what you mean about putting your money on a hopeful!!! I've done it more than once, being totally convinced that I was right!!!It's very costly, and no results!
I have given her the BG site so perhaps she'll post a message herself.

is there any way of checking it's the right person without sending for the birth certificate?

There may be other things she could do, but all the info I had was put into the query.
I know I have come across answers by following different 'what the hell , let's try it' routes.

Maggie

Peter Goodey
13-07-2006, 8:04 PM
"is there any way of checking it's the right person without sending for the birth certificate?"

No :( . Shardlow is the right registration district and the registration quarter is about right. That's all you can say.

BeeE586
13-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I am not disputing a baptism DBY Stanley, but Staveley is also mentioned. Nether Handley, West Handley and Chapel Handley, frequently referred to collectively as just Handley were at one time hamlets within Staveley Parish. Could Hunley really be Handley ?

Eileen

perseus
14-07-2006, 8:46 AM
Hi Eileen

Thanks for you info. Ihope this site will be visited by the person with the query so she can do some investigating. I have no info other than I put in the original query.
She has other questions too so needs to 'join up'.

Lets hope it all helps.

Maggie

Peter Goodey
14-07-2006, 8:52 AM
Eileen's suggestion is worth thinking about. The 1861 census might be a red herring.

perseus
14-07-2006, 9:29 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions.
I had an email from Mary-Gail who is looking for thomas. It seems she posted queries re Moores and Bradshaaws and now can't find them. I'm off in search!!!

Maggie