PDA

View Full Version : Littlebury's Worcestershire Directory 1906

ziksby
05-11-2004, 10:35 AM
I have an original copy of this publication (not available on CD as far as I know).
It covers Worcester City and towns and villages within a 10 mile radius, including Droitwich, Malvern, Pershore. It runs to 600 pages, packed with info including street directory, official directories of the main towns, plus alphabetical lists of the principal professional and commercial residents.
[In the case of one of my ancestors, I found that he was a Malvern councillor, and because it lists which committees he sat on, I can lookup the council minutes to see what he contributed. I also found which societies he belonged to.]

LOOKUPS.
I can do lookups, but remember the street indexes for Worcester city run to 160 pages (15000 names), so just giving me a name can be difficult. And these are just heads of household. Easier for the villages. So if you are struggling to find a relative post 1901 census, they may very well be listed here. In previous correspondence I believed the Directory to be 1903, but I now find the odd reference to 1906.