PDA

View Full Version : Cowap - Samuel Evan

barrie wise
05-11-2004, 5:08 AM
I am trying to find any information about Florence Cowap, and William Wise Cowap, the childen of Samuel Evan Cowap, chemist, [born 1854 Tarporley, died 1902 Chester] and Fanny Wise [born 1857 Seal, Kent, died 1887 Midhurst, Sussex] - or any information regarding the family.
All help appreciated, Barrie.

Di&Trev
17-12-2004, 1:32 AM
What type of info are you after? And what do you already have? I have found quite a bit of census info and a few BMD's. Do you want this sort of thing or is it personal /anecdotal you require. Also are we going backwards or forwards.
Let me know and I'll post anything I can find.

barrie wise
18-12-2004, 9:56 AM
I have information on Fanny Wise, her birth, marriage and death, but no burial.
Samuel Evan, I have his marriage to Fanny, the date of marriage to no.2, Mary Adams 1890, and his death.
But I can't find any information regarding his two children, William Wise Cowap and Florence Cowap, apart from their baptism at Midhurst.

Any information regarding them and their descendants is appreciated.
Regards,
Barrie.

Di&Trev
19-12-2004, 2:13 AM
1901 census has the following:
Living at 58 High St, Tarporley.
Samuel E Cowap. Aged 47. Chemist. Shopkeeper. Born Tarporley
Mary Cowap. Aged 56 Wife. Born Milverton, Somerset.
Florence M Cowap. Aged 18. Born Midhurst, Sussex. School Governess
William W Cowap. Aged 15. Born Midhurst, Sussex. Chemists apprentice.
Source information: RG13/3367
Registration district: Chester
Sub-registration district: Tattenhall
ED, institution, or vessel: 10
Folio: 32
Page: 21 (click to see others on page)
Household schedule number: 131
A possibly related Samuel?
COWAP, Samuel Christening
Christening Date: 24 Aug 1840 Recorded in: Tarporley, Cheshire, England
Father: William COWAP
Mother: Ellen
Source: FHL Film 1751854 Dates: 1825 – 1852
Samuel appears to have 2 brothers from same source film. William christened 29 May 1833 and John christened 6 Aug 1837.

No John Wise + Mary marriage 1811 – 1819 on the Vital Records Index. Have noted it down to check Boyd’s.
From the National Burials Index.
Sorry, no Wise Burials Sussex 1887 + or - 5 years
No Cowap burials whatsoever 1538 - 2000, but it is not a complete transcription.

And finally I have an excel spreadsheet with 48 Cowaps still living in the Tarporley area with Addresses. Maybe one of them is descended.
If you send me an e-mail I can send them back to you. I couldn’t send them off list before, as you don’t have e-mail enabled through the site. Mine is so you don’t have to open yours if you don’t want to.
Hope it helps