PDA

View Full Version : Help please.

irisrose
09-07-2006, 5:03 PM
Please can anyone help with this John Betrum Smith who married Mollie 23rd July 1940 at St Georges Church Barbourn Worcestershire. Mollie was born in 1913 I would like to find Mollies last name for her daughter as Mollie was adopted by Amelia Kate Morgan and lived in Worcestershire when she was a child and her daughter is trying to find any relatives that she may have.
Many thanks

Julie Tyrell
09-07-2006, 5:13 PM
I hope that I have read your enquiry correctly.

In the BMD records there is a marriage for a John B Smith to a Mollie Morgan in the July quater of 1940. The reference is 6c 559.

Was Amelia a relative of Mollie's??

Julie

Julie Tyrell
09-07-2006, 5:13 PM
Sorry I forgot to put the district, it was Worcester.

irisrose
09-07-2006, 7:11 PM
Hi, thanks for looking I cant find it for some reason. Mollie was adopted although maybe not legally, along with my mother in Law by Amelia Kate Morgan and my Mother in Law used to call herself Morgan even though it was not her birth name, she says that Amelias younger sister Ellen Elizabeth Catherine Morgan born Pirton Worcs 1873 may have been Mollies Mother but I cannot find anything about her birth. Mollies daughter has contacted my Mother in Law as she is desperate to find out about her Mother and as it was such a long time ago these details are all that my Mother in law remembers. I really feel for her so said that I would try and help but so far nothing. Any ideas would be most appreciated as my Mother in Law spent years searching for her real family until she found them and they are very close now.