PDA

View Full Version : Resource pages protected by cats?

busyglen
06-07-2006, 6:31 PM
|biggrin|

I have just been rooting around the Resource pages from the B-G main page, as I find it helpful to go back now and again to see what I have missed....
however, I have been `in stitches' since having looked at one of the pages relating to the help in understanding the old writing. I wanted to go back to the English Registers home page, and when I clicked on the book at the top, a startled `cat' noise greeted me! It sounded as if I had trod on it's tail! I thought it was my pc, and clicked on something else and went back to the home page again, and yes...the cat was still there! Is this protecting your work Rod? Or...am I going mad? Alright, I can hear you all saying, `you ARE mad'. ;)

Glenys

Rod Neep
06-07-2006, 7:10 PM
:D http://www.british-genealogy.com/resources/registers/indexf.htm

busyglen
06-07-2006, 7:16 PM
I just HAD to go and have another `listen'. |biggrin|

Glenys

dreward
07-07-2006, 6:51 AM
Well I played it but definitely get a feeling of a feline tail being trod on.

So being a bit of a do-it-myself person, I grabbed the cat and pressed one size 12 on its tail. Now apart from a definite decibel increase, my cat doesn't sound like Rod's.

More like a drunken Ajax supporter trying to drink down a pint of Paddy's best through a straw.

Just my twopennyworth

Dave

Ladkyis
07-07-2006, 8:56 AM
I had to 'have a go' too and my husband was just going out of the room as I clicked on the button.

"good grief! what the h**l was that!" he exclaimed as he shot back into the room.

I clicked again and grinned at him

"I thought you'd killed another computer," he said "and I was finally going to see how you do it"

That stopped me grinning.

Ann

Rod Neep
07-07-2006, 9:56 AM
It's just a little "swish"

That's all. :)

busyglen
07-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Well Rod, it certainly gave me a laugh, and a few other as well by the look of it..thanks! :)

I also thought it might tempt others to look around, if they hadn't already done so. ;)

Glenys

IreneH
09-07-2006, 9:05 PM
It gave me a wee giggle to Glenys, particularly as I had the sound turned up and hadn't realized and give me a fright.

Irene