PDA

View Full Version : Can you help? TOWE, EDWARDS, CLARKE, & COUZENS

Laura_84
30-06-2006, 3:52 AM
Hello, my name is Laura Jane Stanford, and i am trying to locate family members from my fathers side of the family.
Surnames include: TOWE, EDWARDS, COUZENS & CLARKE.
My father is Barry Roland Towe, and he was born in Derby, UK on April 11th 1946.
His parents (my grandparents) are William Roland Towe and Edna June Towe (Edwards). Edna (my grandmother) was born on June 30th in approx. 1925 in Reading, UK. William (my grandfather) was born on Feb 18th in approx. 1920, and passed away on April 19th 2003.
They moved from Derby to Devizes, Wiltshire and had 4 children, Barry Towe (my father, later changed surname to Stanford), Stephen Towe, Linda Towe and Miranda Towe.
My grandmother, Edna Towe (Edwards) had parents most likely residing in Reading, UK. Her father (my great-grandfather) was called Walter Geofrey Edwards, and was married to Hilda Couzens (my great-grandmother). Edna also had siblings/brothers Dennis and Leonard.
My grandfather, William Towe had parents possibly born in approx. 1895 -1900. His father (my great-grandfather) was called Albert Towe, and was married to Bertha Mildred Clarke (my great-grandmother).
I have lost contact with my aunties and grandmother in England, and hope someone else can help expand my family tree, and help me get in contact with family members. As an only child, with no first cousins, I am searching for all the people I can to call family.
Thanks for your time, I hope you can help. Yours Faithfully, Laura.

Laura_84
03-07-2006, 2:08 AM
Extra information which may help.....

-My Aunties and Uncle: Miranda Joy Towe, Linda Towe and Stephen Shane Towe, all never married and all have no children. I am the only grandchild and niece to my Grandma and Aunties. Miranda and Linda still live in Market Lavington, Devizes, Wiltshire, with my Grandmother (their mother). I know of there where-abouts, however haven't had any replies to my correspondence over the years. A falling out over something i still don't understand. So i am relying on other people, as maybe i will discover family that i never knew i had.
-My father Barry Roland Towe born 1946 (Derby) went to Dautsey's School
(Boarding) in Market Lavington, Wiltshire. Moved to Perth Australia in 1980
approx, then onto Melbourne, Australia in 1982.
-My Uncle Stephen Shane Towe lives in Calgary, Canada and we lost
contact with him in 2001. He would be approx. 55 now.

I am hoping to find family members possible related to.....

My Grandmother: Edna June Towe (Edwards)
My Grandfather: William Roland Towe born March quarter 1920.

My Great Uncle: Ronald Edwards
My Great Uncle: Dennis Edwards
My Great Uncle: Leonard Edwards

My Great-Grandmother: Hilda Edwards (Couzens or Cozens)
My Great-Grandfather: Walter Grefrey Edwards

My Great-Grandmother: Bertha Mildred Towe (Clarke or Cozens)
My Great-Grandfather: Albert Towe born June quarter 1894, Derbyshire, Dufffield. Married Bertha Mildred (Cozens???) dec quarter 1918 in Reading.

My Great-Great-Grandparents????- William Towe b 1861, Derbyshire, Little Eaton. Emma Towe (Clark) b 1859, Cheshire, Runcorn. Married in March quarter 1883. Had one child Albert Towe.

Laura_84
03-07-2006, 2:26 AM
My Great-Great-Great-Grandparents???- Joesph Towe and Sophia Towe (Walker) married 31 Oct 1858, had children William Towe and Sarah J Towe both born in Breadsall, Derbyshire.

My Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandparents???
- William Towe

-James Walker and Sarah Walker, had children Jemima, Charlot, Sophia, George, Sarah-Ann and Joseph.

NB: From what other people have found out, it looks like my grandparents may have been 1st Cousins???

I hope someone can find some links, i would love to get in contact with some relatives.

Yours Faithfully,
Laura. . .