PDA

View Full Version : Mary Newton Marriage

WaltonAus
30-06-2006, 3:28 AM
Hello everyone, on FREEBMD I found a marriage for Mary Newton in December 1878 in Newport S Shropshire/Staffordshire. The 2 men on the page are William Austin & William Tyrer. I was wondering how I could find out which William married Mary?

There is also a record of marriage for Mary NEWTON in 1875 at Wrexham but there are no other names on the page. Is there anyway to find out this Mary's spouse?

Kind Regards
Peter Euston

Procat
30-06-2006, 8:26 AM
Hi Peter,

For your first question check for Mary under both names in the 1881 census. Hopefully both men did not marry someone named Mary.

For your second question I suspect it is a matter of waiting for Free BMD to get to the others on that page.

louise renfrey
30-06-2006, 9:45 AM
Quickly looked at gro register!!!! Mary married William Tyrer 0nd quarter1878. The reference number in case you want a certificate is 6a 1473, district is Newport s. regards

louise renfrey
30-06-2006, 9:51 AM
Part 2 - didn't read second request due to haste to help!!!!! Mary Newton, 1875 marriage, married a John Wootton ond quarter 1875, 11b , p541. District is Cheshire Denbighshire and flintshire. Hope this helps!!!!!!

WaltonAus
30-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Hello Louise & Procat, thankyou very much for your replies. I have exhausted all the avenues I can think of re Walton Harry EUSTON and am trying to eliminate/verify any details regarding his parents Wm EUSTON & Mary NEWTON.Hopefully every name I can cross off my list of possibilities brings me one step closer to a solution.

Thankyou again & good luck with your searches
Kind Regards
Peter Euston