PDA

View Full Version : John BOWDEN b. 1783 m. Mary MOYLE

Diane Grant-Salmon
04-11-2004, 12:31 PM
This is a brick wall which I just can't climb or knock down! :mad:

John BOWDEN b. 1 Jan 1783 Constantine m. Mary MOYLE. John d. 26 May 1830 Wendron, I have no death/burial for his wife, Mary and I can't find her in any of the Censuses.

One of their sons was John BOWDEN b. 23 July 1815 Wendron who married Eliza Unknown. From the following transcription on a gravestone in Constantine, I have deduced that Eliza was b. 1826, she died 8 June 1861 and their son, William BOWDEN was b. April 1861.

I can't find any of the above three people in any of the Cornwall Censuses either! Surely they've not been missed from three of them (1841-1861)?

Does anybody have any ideas? How can I find out the marriage date of John and Eliza?

Gravestone Transcription:

SACRED TO THE MEMORY OF

ELIZA,

Wife of JOHN BOWDEN of this Parish
Who Died June 8th 1861 aged 35 YEARS.

Also

WILLIAM,
Son of the Above
Who Died July 26th 1861 aged 3 MONTHS.

Karleedu
23-11-2004, 3:30 AM
I don't know if this is any help.

FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0 British Isles
Family Group Record
Search Results | Download
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Husband
JOHN BOWDEN Pedigree

Birth:
Christening:
Marriage: 14 OCT 1848 Germoe, Cornwall, England
Death:
Burial:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife
ELIZABETH ALLEN Pedigree

Birth:
Christening:
Marriage: 14 OCT 1848 Germoe, Cornwall, England
Death:
Burial:

Diane Grant-Salmon
23-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi Karen,

Thankyou for replying, but I still can't find them in 1851 or 1861 living in Germoe!

As for the marriage record from the IGI, I'm afraid I don't trust the LDS submissions ...... only if they are backed up with true extractions from the Parish Registers, just my opinion of course.

Diane Grant-Salmon
30-11-2004, 4:10 PM
Hi Sharon,

Well, your suggestion paid off! Below is the reply I received for Germoe:

Dear Diane,
thanks for your email, the details of the marriage are:
John BAWDEN marrried Elizabeth ALLEN 14 Oct 1848, John BAWDEN of full age, son of John and Elizabeth, full age, dau of William.
Hope this helps,
Regards
June

So this marriage is confirmed, but I still don't know if it is MY John though! Mine is also the son of a John, would be Full Age and sometimes the BOWDEN's have been transcribed as BAWDEN's ...... it's the Eliza/Elizabeth which bothers me, even though I know that Eliza is a 'nickname' for Elizabeth!

So, back to the drawing board!

Diane Grant-Salmon
30-11-2004, 5:17 PM
|banghead| and |banghead| again! I really need some help and advice please?

Just to refresh your memory, I'm reposting the transcription I wrote down, taken from a gravestone in Constantine:

SACRED TO THE MEMORY OF

ELIZA,

Wife of JOHN BOWDEN of this Parish
Who Died June 8th 1861 aged 35 YEARS.

Also

WILLIAM,
Son of the Above
Who Died July 26th 1861 aged 3 MONTHS.

Not being able to find any of them in the 1841, 1851 and 1861 Censuses for ALL Cornwall ...... a friend suggested that they may have moved to live in Devon and John brought their bodies back for burial to Constantine, for sentimental reasons!

I've just been to FreeBMD and found a ref for a William BOWDEN Birth June Qtr. 1861 Falmouth Reg. District (Constantine) which COULD be my William.

Then I went to 1837.com and looked at Deaths for 1861 and found:

Eliza BOWDEN 1861 June Qtr. Falmouth Reg. Dist.
William BOWDEN 1861 Sept. Qtr. Falmouth Reg. Dist.

Now these two deaths have got to be mine, so I think that makes the marriage at Germoe a No-No ....... but can someone please tell me whether my next question is right or wrong?

For a person to have their death registered in a certain Reg. District ..... I thought that they had to die within that district?

If I am right ....... where on earth are they in three Censuses? Have they really been missed three times???? Boo Hoo!

P.S. Rod, I really need a crying buckets smiley!

Diane Grant-Salmon
30-11-2004, 5:19 PM
P.S. Particularly now ...... seeing as I have just become an old crone! Boo Hoo!

AnnB
30-11-2004, 6:57 PM
Just to give you something else to think about :rolleyes: The name Bowden is quite common (in the nicest sense of the word) in Devon and I have come across it spellt in several ways. Bowden/Bowdon/Bawden/Bawdon/Boaden/Boadon
Might be that it is recorded in the census under one of the alternative spellings? I've had a look at the 1851 census for Devon, but can't find a 'suitable' match for the couple. Do you know what John did for a living?

Best wishes
Ann

Peter Goodey
30-11-2004, 8:59 PM
Diane

Presumably you have the birth of John from a parish register or equivalent. But where did you get the marriage to Eliza from? I can see it follows from the gravestone :D but how sure are you that the gravestone does indeed relate to the family of John Bowden (1815)? Might it conceivably be another John Bowden? I'm not disputing what you say, it's just that it wasn't crystal clear to me reading your messages.

I'm sure your next step is to get hold of William's birth certificate and check his mother's name and exactly where he was born. It may also be worth scanning for any possible earlier children. If William had an older sibling, the name might help to track them down on a later census which might yield some more clues - if nothing else it may confirm John's age and birthplace. Not that I have any doubts, of course .....:o

Sharon
30-11-2004, 9:01 PM
They are in the 1861 Census on

RG9/1568 Folio 27 Page 10 Schedule 44

There is also one John BOWDEN on the Ancestru BDM that fits the time scale for yours .

BOWDEN, John1852DecemberTruroCornwall5c300
HOLMAN, ELiza1852DecemberTruroCornwall5c300

Hope this helps

Diane Grant-Salmon
01-12-2004, 4:20 PM
Thankyou everybody for all your help and suggestions with this puzzle, which has now been solved ..... or 75% of it anyway! ;)

Peter ...... you are correct, this grave is not for my family! BooHoo! Thanks to Sharon saying she had found them in the 1861 Census and kindly giving me the ref, I looked it up on my CD (all the time it was loading, I was wondering how on earth I could have missed them).

I didn't miss them, as that John was b. 1831 Constantine and quite obviously, this is the family 'belonging' to the grave transcription.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it ...... I have dropped the classic clanger of assuming. When I first started my Cornish research, I had a few pointers in the right direction, but I took a wrong turning in assuming that this grave belonged to my family.

My John was b. 23 July 1815 Wendron (Parish Register) and a Family Bible which belonged to his Gt. Niece, lists the children of John BOWDEN m. Mary MOYLE, then down to her family. From the handwriting, it looked as though she was a child when she made the list, particularly as she had just written down forenames e.g. John married Eliza.

Although I've gone wrong re the grave, I'm still 100% sure that my John did marry someone called Eliza, as all the other names listed with marriages have proved to be correct, so I don't see why John's entry should be wrong.

However, I have been looking for the marriage in Cornwall (because of the grave) but perhaps I should be looking in Durham! John's brother William, took all his family there in 1872, except for one daughter Cordelia, who stayed behind, married and lived in Gweek. The Bible belonged to one of her daughters and I saw it in 1994 when I visited Cordelia's Grandson who was still living in Gweek.

So, after years of 'barking up the wrong tree' ....... I'll now have to search for the right one, so thanks to you all for solving the problem for me.

Mmcintyre
18-02-2017, 5:22 PM
Hi Diane,

I know this is an old thread, but would you happen to have more information on Cordelia Bowden please? I am having difficulty finding a record of her birth, marriage details, or anything about her husband John Morton Rowe. Cordelia and John are my great-great grandparents.
Thanks

christanel
18-02-2017, 8:03 PM
Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Mmcintyre.

On the new GRO index there is this birth registration
Cordelia Bowden, mother's maiden name Kevern 1860 March 1/4 registration district Falmouth Union vol 05C page 219

On FreeBMD Marriage
John Morton Rowe and Cordelia Bowden March 1/4 1881 Helston reg. dist. vol 5c page 286

1891 census
Wendron
James Rowe 69
John M. Rowe 25 son Carpenter born Constantine, Cornwall
Cordelia Rowe 21 dau-in-law

RG 9 piece 1569 folio 14 page 1
James Rowe 47 Oyster dredger Wendron
Jane Rowe 15 dau Wendron
Frances A Rowe 11 Wenddron
John M Rowe 5 Constantine
John Morton 65 Uncle Ag Lab Wendron

1851 HO107 piece 1912 folio 124 page 3
Gweek
James Rowe 39 Ag Lab Constantine
Elizabeth Rowe 36 Wendron
Jane Rowe 5 Wendron
Frances Ann Rowe 1 Wendron

Christina

christanel
18-02-2017, 8:12 PM
On the GRO index with the middle name wrong spelling

Birth registration Falmouth Union Sept 1/4 1855 vol 5c page 206
John Murton Rowe mother's maiden name Murton

Marriage FreeBMD March1/4 1845 Helston reg.dist. on same page James Rowe and Elizabeth Morton
Christina

Diane Grant-Salmon
19-02-2017, 8:48 AM
Hi,

William Leslie Collins b. 21 Apr 1920 Helston, is the grandson I met in 1994, as per my previous message and he is the son of Mildred Rowe m. Thomas Jose Collins.

Mildred b. 1892 Wendron, is one of ten children of John Morton Rowe m. Cordelia Bowden - she is the sister of my Gt. Grandma, Mary Ann Bowden.

I have some answers re your queries, which I will put on here later in the day for you .... this is just a message really acknowledging. Would you mind telling me your line of descent from John & Cordelia please?

Diane Grant-Salmon
19-02-2017, 1:01 PM
Cordelia Bowden, (daughter of William Bowden b. 1826 who married Mary Kevern b. 1825)

Cordelia:
b. 1860 Crowsmeneggus, Perranarworthal, Cornwall, bap. 11 Mar 1860 Gwennap, Cornwall
d. 17 Apr 1947 Post Office, Gweek, Cornwall - Aged 87 yrs. bur. 19 Apr 1947 Constantine, Cornwall

Occ: Domestic Work / Sub Postmistress
Probate Index: 01 May 1947 Bodmin - Effects: £417

CENSUS APRIL 1851 Ref: HO107/1912/243/23
Dwelling: 65 Toliarne, Wendron, Cornwall

William BOWDEN (25) Head Marr Miner b. Wendron, Cornwall
Mary (25) Wife Marr b. Constantine, Cornwall
John (1) Son b. Wendron, Cornwall

CENSUS APRIL 1861 Ref: RG9/1564/103/12
Dwelling: Trewedna, Perranarworthal, Cornwall

Wm. BAWDEN (36) Head Marr Farmer & Miner b. Constantine, Cornwall
Mary (36) Wife Marr b. Constantine, Cornwall
John (11) Son At School b. Wendron, Cornwall
James (8) Son At School b. Constantine, Cornwall
Mary Ann (5) Daughter At School b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
Elizabeth Jane (3) Daughter At School b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
Cordelia (1) Daughter b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall

CENSUS APRIL 1871 Ref: RG10/2291/53/12
Dwelling: Trewedna Lane, Perranarworthal, Cornwall

William BAWDEN (42) Head Marr Farmer of 20 Acres b. Constantine, Cornwall
Mary (42) Wife Marr b. Constantine, Cornwall
James (19) Son Single Ag. Lab. b. Constantine, Cornwall
Mary A. (14) Daughter b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
Cordiliah (11) Daughter Scholar b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
George (9) Son Scholar b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
Samuel (7) Son Scholar b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
Clara (5) Daughter Scholar b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall

N.B.
Crowsmeneggus Farm is the place they lived ...... William was a tenant farmer, as I found out in 1995. We went to look at the church in Perranarworthal which was closed, but a notice on the door directed me to a lady living not far away. As luck would have it, her ancestor was the owner and she showed me his very old book, showing details of all his tenants.

CENSUS APRIL 1881 Ref: RG11/2321/16/6
Dwelling: Gweek, Cornwall

James ROWE (69) Head Marr Oyster Dredger b. Constantine, Cornwall
John M. (25) Son Marr Carpenter b. Constantine, Cornwall
Cordelia (21) Son's Wife Marr Domestic Work b. Perran, Cornwall

James ROWE (79) Head Widower Living on own means b. Constantine, Cornwall
John M. (35) Son Marr Carpenter b. Constantine, Cornwall
Cordelia (29) Daughter-in-Law Marr b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
William J. (8) Grandson Scholar b. Wendron, Cornwall
Clara J. (6) Grandaughter Scholar b. Wendron, Cornwall
Edith F. (4) Grandaughter b. Wendron, Cornwall
Leslie J. (3) Grandson b. Wendron, Cornwall
Hilda M. (5 mths) Grandaughter b. Wendron, Cornwall

CENSUS MARCH 1901 Ref: RG13/2231/52/16
Dwelling: Post Office, Gweek, Cornwall

John M. ROWE (45) Head Marr Carpenter & Sub Pmr. b. Constantine, Cornwall
Cordelia (40) Wife Marr b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
Clara J. (16) Daughter Single Post Office Assistant b. Wendron, Cornwall
Edith F. (14) Daughter b. Wendron, Cornwall
Leslie J. (13) Son Scholar b. Wendron, Cornwall
Hilda M. (10) Daughter Scholar b. Wendron, Cornwall
Mildred (8) Daughter Scholar b. Wendron, Cornwall
Agnes B. (7) Daughter Scholar b. Wendron, Cornwall
George C. (4) Son b. Wendron, Cornwall
Elsie A. (3) Daughter b. Constantine, Cornwall
Hedley M. (1) Son b. Constantine, Cornwall

CENSUS APRIL 1911 Ref: RG14-13903-125
Dwelling: Post Office, Gweek, Helston, Cornwall

John Morton ROWE (55) Head Marr Carpenter b. Gweek, Constantine, Cornwall
Cordelia (50) Wife Marr Sub-Post Mistress & Grocer b. Perranarworthal, Cornwall
Hilda Mary (20) Daughter Single Assisting in business b. Gweek, Wendron
Mildred (18) Daughter Single b. Gweek, Wendron, Cornwall
Agnes Bowden (17) Daughter Single Apprtce. to Dressmaking b. Gweek, Wendron
Elsie Annie (13) Daughter School b. Gweek, Constantine, Cornwall
Hedley Morton (11) Son School b. Gweek, Constantine, Cornwall

Completed years the present marriage has lasted: 30 yrs.
Children born alive to the present marriage:
Total Children born alive: 10
Children still living: 10
Children who have died: None

Eight rooms at this address
Householder's Schedule signed by: John Morton Rowe

Diane Grant-Salmon
19-02-2017, 2:52 PM
Hi again,

Re the marriage of Cordelia & John in 1881 - possibly married at Helston Wesleyan Chapel as per Cordelia's parents? I couldn't find a marriage in Wendron Parish Registers, so you will have to buy the certificate to find out.

I have a copy of Cordelia's baptism record and her probate index showing the names of the executors, but don't know how to get them on here as an attachment - so if some kind person can tell me how to do it please?

That's all for today & I'm out all day tomorrow, so will be back on Tuesday with a bit of info about John Morton Rowe.

Mmcintyre
19-02-2017, 4:06 PM
Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for this information. I thought I'd searched for all possible permutations of John Morton Rowe but evidently not! I wonder what happened to Elizabeth between 1851 and 1861. Thanks again for your help!

Mmcintyre
19-02-2017, 4:15 PM
Hi Diane,

Thank you so much! I would never have found out about Crowsmeneggus Farm without your help! That information on the Bawdens is also fantastic, thanks. I'd love to see the copy of Cordelia's baptism and her probate index if you can find a way. I'd also love more info about John Morton Rowe if you get a chance, that'd be brilliant. It would have been wonderful to meet William Collins, you must have been tracing. Your family history for many years.

John and Cordelia were my great-great grandparents, Hedley Morton Rowe my Great-Grandfather, and his daughter is my grandmother who is 93.

Diane Grant-Salmon
21-02-2017, 12:56 PM
This is copied from my family tree programme - I assume your Grandmother is Eileen?

Descendants of Hedley Morton Rowe

HEDLEY MORTON ROWE was born Bef. 17 Oct 1899 in Constantine, Cornwall, and died Dec Qtr. 1935 in Morpeth Reg. District - Aged 36 yrs.. He married FLORENCE URETTA BEW Mar Qtr. 1922 in Kensington Reg. District. She was born Bef. 08 Nov 1900 in 135 Tavistock Cres. London, and died Aft. 1924.

More About FLORENCE URETTA BEW:
Baptism: 08 Nov 1900, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Kensington & Chelsea

Children of HEDLEY ROWE and FLORENCE BEW are:
i. JOAN B. ROWE, b. Jun Qtr. 1922, Wandsworth Reg. District.
ii. EILEEN M. ROWE, b. Mar Qtr. 1924, Headington Reg. District.

christanel
21-02-2017, 7:28 PM
Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for this information. I thought I'd searched for all possible permutations of John Morton Rowe but evidently not! I wonder what happened to Elizabeth between 1851 and 1861. Thanks again for your help!

Hi
On the 1861census where John is with his children but no wife Elizabeth it clearly states he is married.
This may be her
1861 RG 9 Piece 1573 Folio 147 Page 3
Lizard Town,Landewednark
Sampson Hill 38 wheelwright employing 2 apprentices, Landewednark
Frances Hill 42 Wendron Dressmaker
Joseph H Hill 10 son Landewednark
Jane Hill 3 dau Landewednark
Elizabeth Rowe 46 Married Visitor Wendron

Marriage June 1/4 1850 Helston reg district Frances Morton and Samuel Hill. So Elizabeth is visiting her sister.
Christina

Diane Grant-Salmon
22-02-2017, 9:57 AM
Hi,
I hope this works ... copy images re Cordelia Bowden!
https://www.british-genealogy.com/extensions/uploads/c31af497-d1d9-4aa2-9d36-972ff3f26364.jpg

https://www.british-genealogy.com/extensions/uploads/8611f220-2995-4049-8556-c9ab84496345.jpg

Right click on each image & then click Save or Save image, then save it to your computer where you'll be able to resize it & make it bigger for easy reading & keepimg etc.

Diane Grant-Salmon
04-03-2017, 3:20 PM
Hi Mmcintyre,

Although you seem to have disappeared, I thought I'd finish what I started! I will upload John Morton Rowe's Probate Index image in this message, plus give you this information:

HEDLEY MORTON ROWE m. FLORENCE URETTA BEW, 11 Jan 1922, Kensington Register Office
Wedding Witnesses: James Bew & W.J. Rowe

Two further messages with all the info I have in my file re the "oldest" Ancestors of the Rowe & Morton families - hope this helps you.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/extensions/uploads/a59b9831-15d6-451a-ad6c-c17e3c5ff7b9.jpg

Diane Grant-Salmon
04-03-2017, 3:31 PM
WILLIAM ROWE was born Bef. 06 Feb 1780 in Constantine, Cornwall, and died Aft. 30 Mar 1851.
He married JANE MORTON (date unknown), daughter of OLIVER MORTON and GRACE STEPHENS. She was born Bef. 28 Feb 1779 in Constantine, Cornwall, and died Bet. 1841 - 1851.

Notes for WILLIAM ROWE:
CENSUS JUNE 1841 Ref: HO107/136/7/52/11

ROWE William (60) Lab. b. In County
Jane (65) b. In County
William (30) b. In County
James (29) b. In County
Mary (25) b. In County

CENSUS APRIL 1851 Ref: HO107/1911/685/12

ROWE William (44) Head Marr Farmer of 16 acres b. Constantine, Cornwall
Mary Anne (37) Wife Marr b. Constantine, Cornwall
William (5) Son b. Constantine, Cornwall
Mary L. (8) Daughter b. Constantine, Cornwall
Ellen (2) Daughter b. Constantine, Cornwall
John (10 mths.) Son b. Constantine, Cornwall
William (74) Father Widower Wood-man b. Constantine, Cornwall

More About WILLIAM ROWE:
Baptism: 06 Feb 1780, Constantine, Cornwall

More About JANE MORTON:
Baptism: 28 Feb 1779, Constantine, Cornwall

Child of WILLIAM ROWE and JANE MORTON is:

JAMES ROWE, b. Bef. 04 Aug 1811, Constantine, Cornwall; d. Bef. 02 Dec 1895, Gweek, Cornwall - Aged 84 yrs..
He married ELIZABETH MORTON Mar Qtr. 1845 in Helston Reg. District, daughter of PETER MORTON and ANN WHITFORD. She was born Bef. 18 Sep 1814 in Wendron, Cornwall, and died Bef. 12 Oct 1888 in Gweek, Wendron, Cornwall - Aged 74 yrs..

More About JAMES ROWE:
Baptism: 04 Aug 1811, Constantine, Cornwall
Burial: 02 Dec 1895, Constantine, Cornwall
Fact: James & Elizabeth are also first cousins

Notes for JAMES ROWE:
Census 1861: He is living next door to Peter Morton - his uncle & father-in-law

More About ELIZABETH MORTON:
Baptism: 18 Sep 1814, Wendron, Cornwall
Burial: 12 Oct 1888, Constantine, Cornwall - Aged 76 yrs. - Age should be 74 yrs. on image
BMD Index Deaths: Dec Qtr. 1888 ROWE Elizabeth 74 Helston 5c 107

Notes for ELIZABETH MORTON:

Census 1861: Visiting Sampson Hill & her married sister Frances
Census 1881: Visiting Sampson Hill & her married sister Frances

Child of JAMES ROWE and ELIZABETH MORTON is:
JOHN MORTON ROWE, b. Sep Qtr. 1855, Constantine, Cornwall; d. 15 Jun 1937, Post Office, Gweek, Cornwall - Aged 81 yrs..

More About JOHN MORTON ROWE:
Burial: 19 Jun 1937, Constantine, Cornwall
Probate: 08 Dec 1937, Bodmin - £387

Diane Grant-Salmon
04-03-2017, 3:41 PM
OLIVER MORTON was born Bef. 28 Feb 1747 in Stithians, Cornwall, and died Bef. 21 Nov 1827 in Gweek, Cornwall - Aged 79 yrs..
He married GRACE STEPHENS 12 Jun 1767 in Stithians, Cornwall. She was born Bef. 16 May 1749 in Constantine, Cornwall, and died Bef. 22 Nov 1836 in Wendron, Cornwall - Aged 88 yrs..

More About OLIVER MORTON:
Baptism: 28 Feb 1747, Stithians, Cornwall
Burial: 21 Nov 1827, Constantine, Cornwall - Aged 79 yrs.

More About GRACE STEPHENS:
Baptism: 16 May 1749, Constantine, Cornwall
Burial: 22 Nov 1836, Constantine, Cornwall - Aged 88 yrs.

Children of OLIVER MORTON and GRACE STEPHENS are:

JANE MORTON, b. Bef. 28 Feb 1779, Constantine, Cornwall; d. Bet. 1841 - 1851.
PETER MORTON, b. Bef. 14 Jan 1787, Wendron, Cornwall; d. Bef. 22 Oct 1866, Wendron, Cornwall - Aged 78 yrs..
JOHN MORTON, b. Bef. 07 Feb 1794, Helston, Cornwall; d. Bef. 02 Feb 1871, Gweek, Wendron, Cornwall - Aged 79 yrs..

More About JOHN MORTON:
Baptism: 07 Feb 1794, Helston, Cornwall (OPC Transcription)
Burial: 02 Feb 1871, Constantine, Cornwall - Aged 79 yrs.

PETER MORTON was born Bef. 14 Jan 1787 in Wendron, Cornwall, and died Bef. 22 Oct 1866 in Wendron, Cornwall - Aged 78 yrs..
He married ANN WHITFORD 30 Apr 1814 in Wendron, Cornwall. She was born Abt. 1790 in Mawgan, Cornwall, and died Bef. 09 Dec 1849 in Wendron, Cornwall - Aged 59 yrs..

More About PETER MORTON:
Baptism: 14 Jan 1787, Wendron, Cornwall
Burial: 22 Oct 1866, Constantine, Cornwall - Aged 78 yrs.

More About ANN WHITFORD:
Burial: 09 Dec 1849, Constantine, Cornwall - Aged 59 yrs.

Children of PETER MORTON and ANN WHITFORD are:

ELIZABETH MORTON, b. Bef. 18 Sep 1814, Wendron, Cornwall; d. Bef. 12 Oct 1888, Gweek, Wendron, Cornwall - Aged 74 yrs..
FRANCES MORTON, b. 1818, Wendron, Cornwall; d. Unknown

I have quite a few Parish Register images for these last two messages, but I won't upload them unless you ask for them.

christanel
04-03-2017, 7:06 PM
Hi Diane
Thanks for all your work on this request. Hopefully Mmcintyre will return to the forum to let you know they have received all the information you have posted.
You never know, sometime in the future it may also attract the attention of other researchers.:smile5:
Christina