PDA

View Full Version : Clarke, Gt. Saxham, Suffolk

Brenda from Essex
26-06-2006, 8:47 PM
I am hoping someone else is researching the Clarke family from Gt. Saxham.
Parents James Clarke and Mary ( Last ).
Children are Sarah, James ( who married Eliza Bentley ) Henry, Frederick (who married Ellen Allington ) William and Mary Ann.
Although the parents spelt Clarke with the E my line is from Frederick who left the E off!
I would like to get back another generation and find James Clarke senior's parents.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mythology
26-06-2006, 9:24 PM
No, but if you stumble across Kate Sarah Clark(e) born 1863 Great Saxham, don't waste your money on her - she's mine, not yours, daughter of Charles Clark (born Stanningfield 1824) and Harriet King (born Earls Colne about 1823).
They are wanderers - married in Cockfield, earlier kids born Foxearth and Great Whelnetham, with Charles being already in Great Saxham on the 1861 while Harriet and the two kids are still in Great Whelnetham.

Brenda from Essex
26-06-2006, 9:41 PM
Thank you for that. Wanderers! That would explain a lot. Could be why I have chased Frederick from Suffolk to Essex, Leeds, Scotland and back to Leeds again!

Maeve
20-10-2006, 1:01 PM
I too am researching the Clarke family in Suffolk. Private message sent to other postee Brenda but if Mythology would like to view the information I have please send a private mail to Maeve.

Jan47
18-08-2023, 8:51 PM
I am a Clarke searcher too... looking for more information on Isaac Clarke born around 1770 and married Mary Cook from Shottersham, Suffolk. I believe they settled in Sutton, Suffolk, where at least two more generations lived. One of their children was called William married to Elizabeth and their son was or is my Great Great Grandfather.

Trying to find out who the original Isaac Clarkes parents were - long shot, I know, but you never know :)