PDA

View Full Version : Honoria Harrington. Co.Cork

hackneywick
23-06-2006, 5:23 PM
How can I learn more about Honoria Harrington listed 24 times in Griffiths Valuation and also in Encumbered Estates 1858. She leased the Berehaven Hotel for 200 years from Robert Hedges Eyre....I want to learn if she is my GT.Gt.Grandmother, I need to know the names of her children, my Gt. grandmother Honora was born 1845 Three Gneeves Co Cork..Thank you....

JNicLiam
23-06-2006, 11:47 PM
I don't know anything about the Harrington family, but in case you hadn't seen it I thought you might be interested in this write up on 17/5/1848 in the Cork Examiner on her hotel. It is far down on a page in Jean Prendergast's excellent site.

She also shows as a subscriber to the Bere Island Chapel Building Fund in 1843 on the same page.

Regards
Jill
Researching COTTER Brosna Co Kerry and Glanworth Co Cork and Cork City
QUAID Cloncagh Co Limerick and Cork City

hackneywick
24-06-2006, 2:14 PM
Thank you very much Jill, do you know how to reach Jean Prendergast ?
Audrey

ChristineR
24-06-2006, 3:55 PM
her contact details are on the homepage - to get there, scroll right down to the bottom of the page that you were just on.

Christine

hackneywick
24-06-2006, 4:58 PM
Thank you Christine , found that the lady is very busy...so I shall try another avenue. some one will know how to find who MRS.Harrington was married to ?

Mary S (WA)
02-09-2009, 8:10 AM
Harrington is a familiar name in West Cork. My grandmother was Mary Harrington. She came from Kinsale. I have been trrying to find out the Harrington/ Calnan/Walsh history but keep hitting brick walls. I found an interesting site 'Guy's 1914 Postal Directory" but it didn't help me in knowing if any relatives were mine. I assumed any with better positions were probably not my family as, historically, those who advanced in life were generally those who had renounced their Catholic faith for that purpose.

Cheers Mary S|banghead|

Thank you Christine , found that the lady is very busy...so I shall try another avenue. some one will know how to find who MRS.Harrington was married to ?