PDA

View Full Version : Aston Parish Records Lookup?

monkeynut
23-06-2006, 2:58 PM
If anybody has access to Aston Parish records, I am trying to find a marriage entry for Harriet (or Harriot) Deeman and George Rowley in 1849 (GRO ref Aston / 16 / 263)
I need to find out who Harriet's parents were

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Tony

Wayne Cook
26-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi Tony,

The Parish records may only have witnesses (these may or may not be related to the person being married) and as this was after cicil registration the civil records may be of assistance.

I've had a look in the IGI and found these entries that may be of assistance.

George Rowland m Harriet Deeman 15 Apr 1849 Aston Juxta, Birmingham, Warwick.

There is a christening for a Harriot Deeman 27 Sep 1829 Castle Bromwich, Warwick parents Thomas Deeman and Mary.

There is a marriage for a Thomas Deeman to Mary Taylor 27 Oct 1828 Aston Juxta, Birmingham, Warwick.

There is also a Harriet Deeman Christened 14 MAY 1833 Nuneaton, Warwick, England parents Henry Deeman and Miliscent

There is a marriage for Henry Deeman to Milley Bolton 06 DEC 1819 Nuneaton, Warwick, England

I'm not sure if you have this info but thought it may help.

Have you looked in the 1851 Census to see if they are in it because if she is it should have her place of birth and age.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook
NSW Australia

monkeynut
27-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Wayne

Many thanks for your reply, I already have some of the information, but you have dug out some new stuff for me to ponder over.

My reason for the post is that I currently have 2 people, Harriot and Harriet found on the census and IGI, which appear to be cousin and aunt, (according to IGI their parents are different) but they were born within 2 years of each other. I am trying to discover whether they are the same person as I can only trace one of them through to death. the other one disappears.

I guess I will have to pay for the certificate!!

Regards

Tony LD

Wayne Cook
27-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Tony,

If you know the children of the George and Harriot/Harriet that you are looking for, is this family also in the 1861 census? as this may help you sort out which one is the one you are after where she was born and and who her parents are.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook

monkeynut
27-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi

I have records for Harriet in the 1841 census, but relationships are not indicated so it is difficult to see who the parents were as it appears that 3 generations are living in the same house.

DEEMAN Elizabeth 67
DEEMAN Thomas 35
DEEMAN Mary 35
DEEMAN Harriott 12
DEEMAN Thomas 10
DEEMAN Mary 3

I have the Marriage in 1849 to George Rowley

In 1851 I can find

Thomas Deeman abt 1807 44 Aston
Mary Deeman abt 1806 45 Sutton Coldfield
Mary Deeman abt 1838 13 Aston
Emma Deeman abt 1846 5 Aston

I cannot find the Rowley family anywhere in 1851

In 1861 I have the Rowley family

Emma Deeman abt 1846 15 Castle Bromwich Niece
George Rowley abt 1826 35 Castle Bromwich Head
Harriet Rowley abt 1827 34 Castle Bromwich Wife
Mary Ann Rowley abt 1850 11 Castle Bromwich Daughter
Isabella Rowley abt 1856 5 Castle Bromwich Daughter
Rosamund Rowley abt 1860 1 Walsall Daughter

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2013; Folio: 133; Page: 32;

This is where the confusion started and it may be a simple enumerators error. Emma Deeman is living as Niece to Harriet and George, indicating that Harriet was her Aunt, but her date and place of birth would indicate that Emma's parents were Thomas and Mary, making Emma and Harriet sisters.

Have you access to 1851 census? can you try and find the Rowley family? I have spent the best part of 2 hours searching

Regards

Tony LD

Wayne Cook
27-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Have you considered that Emma may actually be Harriets daughter but was registered as having parents Thomas and Mary because it was 3-4years before George and Harriet married, she then lived with George and Harriet as a "cousin" after they married.

From the info you have supplied I say Thomas and Mary in my list above are Harriet/Harriot's parents.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook

SBSFamilyhistory
28-07-2006, 12:06 AM

View Record Elizabeth Deeman abt 1774 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
View Record Harriott Deeman abt 1829 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
View Record Mary Deeman abt 1806 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
View Record Mary Deeman abt 1838 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
View Record Thomas Deeman abt 1806 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
View Record Thomas Deeman abt 1831 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire

monkeynut
28-07-2006, 3:23 PM
Have you considered that Emma may actually be Harriets daughter but was registered as having parents Thomas and Mary because it was 3-4years before George and Harriet married, she then lived with George and Harriet as a "cousin" after they married.

That's an interesting suggestion, Emma was born in 1846 and Harriet (ot) was born in 1829, so it is feasible I suppose.

It would explain why one Harriet disappeared.

Regards

Tony

Wayne Cook
28-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I can see how what I said can put forward a possible new look on Emma's relationship to Harriet (ot) but not how it explains why one Harriet (ot) disappeared as both the Harriet (ot) 's have different parents one is Thomas and Mary, the other is Henry and Miliscent (possibly Milley) and they were born a couple of years apart and in different places.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook

SBSFamilyhistory
28-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Emma Derman 15
George Rowley 35
Harriet Rowley 34
Isahilla Rowley 5
Mary Ann Rowley 11
Rosamond Rowley 1

monkeynut
29-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I can see how what I said can put forward a possible new look on Emma's relationship to Harriet (ot) but not how it explains why one Harriet (ot) disappeared as both the Harriet (ot) 's have different parents one is Thomas and Mary, the other is Henry and Miliscent (possibly Milley) and they were born a couple of years apart and in different places.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook

Harriet, daughter of Henry and Milley was born in 1833 Nuneaton, sufficiently distant (in the 1800's) to be unconnected. I have also traced her in the IGI married to a William Wright in 1851 also in Nuneaton. The reason I referred to one of my Harriets "disappearing" was that she probably never existed. I recall putting her into the family as sister of Thomas. (aunt of Emma) only on the strength of her entry in the 1861 census. I cannot trace any other evidence of there being two Harriets, and the different spellings can be put down to the level of literacy at the time. So what you said makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Regards

Tony

Wayne Cook
30-07-2006, 8:27 AM
Tony,

The reason I suggested to consider that as an option is because in my own research my Grandmother was married as Elsie May Perkins but was born as Margaret Elsie May Perkins, she is suppose to have a brother George but our research has located George's birth certificate says Mary Barrett aged 16 born Hobart Tasmania (Elsie May was 16 at the time and born Hobart Tasmania, her mother was Mary Perkins ne: Barrett). We also have in another part of the tree a Joseph Bruyn here in Australia but everything says he was born and married in England plus arrived in Australia as Joseph Nicholls (was born before his mother Sarah Nicholls married Daniel Bruyn) and then changed their name after arriving here.

So thought it was worth looking at.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook
Australia