PDA

View Full Version : Knight and Follett- Whitestaunton (are there any transcripts available)

maz1
20-06-2006, 8:36 PM
hi
Was wondering if there are any transcripts available for Whitestaunton please.
I am looking for the surnames Follett and Knight
Knight 1853+ back til about 1780
Follett = about 1810
any help would be great
thanks very much
Marian

Albanwraig
15-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I believe that somerset record office hold the transcripts for Whitestaunton. If you go to the web page of the Somerset and Dorset Family history society it tells you there.
I am interested in the Follets of Whitestaunton as Samuel Follett was fostered by Henry and Mary Knight. His mother was a Sarah Follett, whom, I believe was Mary's sister. I think that Mary and Sarah were two of the children of Samuel and Mary Follett.
Is this the family you are itersted in?
Best wishes Helenor

maz1
23-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Helenor
Great to hear from you. The only info Ive got on the Follett's so far is as follows. I stopped researching for a while and now am eager to try and get further.

Mary Follett born Abt 1810 Whitestaunton, Somerset
married
23 Nov/Jan 1831 Whitestaunton, Somerset Henry Knight
Henry Knight bap 25 Dec 1806 Whitestaunton, Somerset

would love to hear from you again
all the best
Marian

CConnor
26-02-2008, 6:13 PM
Hi not sure if this any use but the lady whose website this is http://www.geocities.com/opcdevon/ is able to do look ups for Whitestaunton.

christina

maz1
26-02-2008, 8:19 PM
Hi Christina
Thanks for that, Ill rush off now and see if she can help
thanks again
Marian

Albanwraig
27-02-2008, 9:28 AM
Hello Marian,
As I said, I am interested in Samuel Follett who was born in Yarcombe, Devon to Sarah Follett. He is in Whitestaunton from the 1841 census with Henry and Mary Knight. He is down as a Lodger in 1851 census [with them]. Mary says she was born, Stockland, Devon.

In the 1861 census, he is with another Knight family, the head is Hannah Knight, aged 82, born Somerset. I think that she might be Henry's mother?

I wnet to IGI filmed records and I found that there was a Hannah Knight baptised in Whitestaunton to Henry Knight and Mary Follett in 1842, White staunton. and she married Richard Wimbridge in 1878 [IGI, filmed].

I then went to the IGI filmed records of Stockland and found MARY, baptised 25 dec 1810; SARAH, baptised 15 Jan 1812, with parents Samuel and Mary Follett.

Then I went to the IGI filmed records of Yarcombe, and found, ANNE, 26 Jan 1815, ELIZABETH, 28 Dec 1817 & ALICE 2 Jan 1820 who died 13 July 1835 all with parents Samuel and Mary Follett. Here, too I found Samuel baptised and the only parent named was Sarah Follett.

I hope that this is of some help to you.

If you wish, I can give you details of the descendents of Sarah. Perhaps you would like to share with me he informtion you have about Mary's descendents.

Best wishes in your searches.

Helenor

maz1
27-02-2008, 1:29 PM
Hi Helenor
Great to hear from you again, this all sounds promising.
Id love to share info with you, if you'd like to mail me direct
mariankntt (at) aol.com
it would be lovely to hear from you.
bye for now
Marian