PDA

View Full Version : Help ! Royal Green Jackets

19pibull67
19-06-2006, 8:28 PM
Can anyone out there help me find my uncles death certificate, his name was Reginald Benjamin Roberts born 01/07/1948,he was serving with the
"ROYAL GREEN JACKETS" in Northern Ireland, when he was shot and killed by a sniper on the 01/07/1973 on his 25th birthday.I have looked everywhere, iv'e even rang Ireland and they cant find anythimg on there screen, so you see im in a bit of a dilemma, any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Mike_E
19-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Hi,

I would have thought you could go through the Army for this info? have you tried there already?

I got my Fathers Army records and my Grandfathers navy records via them.

Rgds
Mike

19pibull67
20-06-2006, 8:44 AM
Thanks for your help, i went on the web site , but for every corrispondence you have to pay £15, which i think is out of hand, when these details should be free to view by the familys of all service men and women.

pwenlock
20-06-2006, 1:56 PM
Hi

The fee hasn't been imposed as just a means of getting money out of a family member researching their relative, its to cover the cost of the clerk accessing the records from the archives, copying them and forwarding them to you.

MCM Division at Glasgow shouldnt be likened to the National Archives, its day to day job is the career management and posting of serving Officers and Soldiers.

Have you tried getting information from the Royal Green Jackets Regimental Headquarters & Museum at Winchester?

Yours
Paul

19pibull67
23-06-2006, 5:03 PM
i know that they have there day to day jobs to do, im not saying anything about that, what im saying is i only want to know why i cant get a certificate of his death, is it because there was some type of cover up or what.

pwenlock
23-06-2006, 8:46 PM
Have you tried the coroners records as all deaths on active service in Northern Ireland are subject to an inquest?

P