PDA

View Full Version : William Hodgkinson of Stockport Ches

Edwina
16-06-2006, 7:57 PM
Still seeking William Hodgkinson who stated on his marriage cert he was a machine maker. He married Martha Shaw 20/9/1813 at St Mary's Stockport. Have never found any other info including census's. Has anyone come across these names or has any ideas as I cannot proceed further without details. Many thanks

uksearch
17-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Of the 18 William HODGKINSON listed on Ancestry's 1841 images only one lives in Stockport HOP 107 / 113 / 4 folio 11. However Martha is not with him and this chap is a cotton weaver. Perhaps he died and she re-married so you kneed to to check out St Mary's PRs.

UK

Edwina
21-06-2006, 6:44 PM
Thanks for replying I appreciate it. I have been given this William Hodgkinson but doubt this is he as his son George became a shuttle manufacturer which is more in keeping with a machine maker than a cotton weaver Also I doubt if he remarried to a Margaret and started a new family but wow anything is poss. I can't get over to Manchester at all so am relying on good folks like yourself. do you know when electoral rolls began in Stockport? regards Sandra

uksearch
22-06-2006, 12:35 PM
You will have to contact Stockport Heritage Library or look at their website. Before 1918 they were called Citizens Rolls but I have no clue what Stockport Library have in their stock.

UK