PDA

View Full Version : W Wickes&S Dewe

fredsboy
16-06-2006, 1:35 PM
Does anyone have any information of the marriage of Sophia Dewe b May 1783 at Hinton Waldrist to William Wickes b 1777 at Longworth, or possibly a Sophia ? b ? to William Wickes same date, I have come to a complete standstill untill I can get confirmation regarding these 2 people.

William and Sophia moved to Tetbury, Gloucestershire pre 1811/1812, she passed away 184s and William is found in the 1844,1851 and 1860 census in Tetbury, the last 2 as born in Longworth, in the 1844 he is down as born in county, but all relevant information tells me he was born in Longworth.

yours sincerley

Colin

ps
The fiche for probable marrige place of Hinton Waldrist states '1811 marriages at Hinton Waldrist copied by me, Rev Symonds,Rector, from the annexd papers being from home at the time and this book was locked in the iron chest' then it follows ' New Book 'from 1814 so unless someone knows of the wherabouts of Hinton Waldrist marriages between 1811 and 1814 I will have to let the younger genration follow it up, if interested.
thanks