PDA

View Full Version : More unreadables

Londonwhay
03-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here I am anyway. I tried to link the image but that didn't seem to work, so I have cut & pasted. If that does not work either then the image can be found here:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/suffolkastrology/

http://members.lycos.co.uk/suffolkastrology/hpbimg/Munnbirth-2.jpg
I cant quite read the mother's maiden name on this birth certificate. Bearing in mind Guy's tips I have posted more of the image than the last time I asked such a question.

TIA
Glenda

Geoffers
03-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Ann MUNN formerly TOMPKINS

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Londonwhay
03-11-2004, 3:26 PM
Ann MUNN formerly TOMPKINS

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire
Thanks Geoffers, I got the "kins" bit, but couldn't get the rest, thought it might be trumpkins but for some reason or another that put me in mind of a kiddie's TV program ;)

Glenda

LynA
03-11-2004, 4:13 PM
I agree with Geoffers that it looks like TOMPKINS

Lynda

Londonwhay
03-11-2004, 4:53 PM
I agree with Geoffers that it looks like TOMPKINS

Lynda
Thanks Lynda, I can now see the 'm' thanks to you and Geoffers, but I still can't see that the 2nd letter looks like an 'o'

Glenda

Ladkyis
03-11-2004, 5:37 PM
If you compare to the O in George or the O in mother then it does look very very similar. Something I was once told by - I believe - a handwriting expert, was that looking at it upside down could sometimes make the shape and flow easier to see. OH the writing being upside down, not you but you knew that... first rule of holes, when you're in one stop digging! so I'll stop.
Ann

Londonwhay
03-11-2004, 6:30 PM
If you compare to the O in George or the O in mother then it does look very very similar. Something I was once told by - I believe - a handwriting expert, was that looking at it upside down could sometimes make the shape and flow easier to see. OH the writing being upside down, not you but you knew that... first rule of holes, when you're in one stop digging! so I'll stop.
Ann
Thanks Ladykis, I stood on my head but still couldn't see it! :rolleyes: I guess my next move is to try and find a James Munn marriage on freebmd.

Glenda
PS I have a shovel you can borrow if you want. ;)

Londonwhay
09-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Thanks Ladykis, I stood on my head but still couldn't see it! :rolleyes: I guess my next move is to try and find a James Munn marriage on freebmd.

Glenda
PS I have a shovel you can borrow if you want. ;)
I have just found the marriage registration. |woohoo|
It IS Tompkins, thanks for all your help folks.

Glenda