PDA

View Full Version : Fowlers Herefordshire

Tony Fowler
09-06-2006, 3:04 PM
I have managed to get to Edward Fowler b Canon Pyon 1672 parents Robert Fowler and Alice/Aliciae m Birley sometime previous. Am stuck again can anyone out there help?

Peter Goodey
09-06-2006, 7:41 PM
"Am stuck again"

In what way?

I mean if you tell us where you've looked and found nothing relevant, it will save us giving you a list of pointless suggestions that you've already tried.

Tony Fowler
11-07-2006, 2:37 PM
"Am stuck again"

In what way?

I mean if you tell us where you've looked and found nothing relevant, it will save us giving you a list of pointless suggestions that you've already tried.
By Tony Fowler, Sorry thought I had mentioned enough data. I have searched IGI all parishes in Herefordshire, The Family History Research department in Hereford brief search could not help either. No further trace of Edward Fowler's antecedents. Regret that I am unable to visit Hereford records office at the present time.I have even tried adjacent counties in Wales and in Gloucestershire. I know there are plenty of Fowler's in Oxford, Wiltshire and Shropshire but cannot connect so far.

Peter Goodey
11-07-2006, 4:27 PM
Probate records, marriage licences, manorial records, parish registers and or/BTs (the real thing, not the IGI), parish chest, taxation records, protestation returns...oh, anything that's survived is potentially useful. The discontinuity in parish records around that period means cobbling it together from a variety of sources.

Tony Fowler
23-07-2006, 5:39 PM
Probate records, marriage licences, manorial records, parish registers and or/BTs (the real thing, not the IGI), parish chest, taxation records, protestation returns...oh, anything that's survived is potentially useful. The discontinuity in parish records around that period means cobbling it together from a variety of sources.

Many thanks will keep at it.