PDA

View Full Version : 1870 and/or 1890 census lookup please?

ChristineR
29-05-2006, 7:54 AM
Hoping someone can check this family out for me in 1870 & 1890 please?

1880 census..
Edward SETH Self M Male W 50 ENG Farmer ENG ENG
Eliza SETH Wife M Female W 40 ENG Keeping House ENG ENG
Ann J. SETH Dau S Female W 22 NY At Home ENG ENG
Charles W. SETH Son S Male W 16 NY Farm Laborer ENG ENG
Fredrick G. SETH Son S Male W 13 MI At Home ENG ENG
Samuel WHILEY FatherL W Male W 81 ENG Boarder ENG ENG
Census Place Antrim, Shiawassee, Michigan

If this is 'my' Samuel then he reportedly died in 1888 and is buried in Seymour Lake cemetery, Brandon. This is near the area that his daughter Mary Anne OWEN lived in 1880, at Independence, wife of David J OWEN. Eliza SETH is the right age to be his other daughter. All born Friskney, Lincolnshire.
Can you tell me if the above census place is also nearby?

many thanks
Christine

Trish
30-05-2006, 3:47 AM
...If this is 'my' Samuel then he reportedly died in 1888 and is buried in Seymour Lake cemetery, Brandon. This is near the area that his daughter Mary Anne OWEN lived in 1880, at Independence, wife of David J OWEN. Eliza SETH is the right age to be his other daughter. All born Friskney, Lincolnshire.
Can you tell me if the above census place is also nearby?...Christine,

I can't help with the U.S. census lookups but, according to MapQuest, Brandon is near Flint, Michigan. Independence is only 9.5 miles away from Brandon. Antrim, Michigan is 192 miles north and a little west of Brandon.

HTH,
Trish

ChristineR
30-05-2006, 3:51 AM
I got myself all confused trying to look at it on a map and finding both to compare distance.
many thanks Trish
Christine :)

ET in the USA
30-05-2006, 6:00 AM
Trish,
Talk about confused. I accidentially sent something to you instead of Christine. Sorry.

Trish
30-05-2006, 4:53 PM
Trish,
Talk about confused. I accidentially sent something to you instead of Christine. Sorry. I'm so glad you told me before I opened the e-mail! My thinking is fuzzy enough all on its own without your help...;) BTW, I agree with your sentiments regarding libraries!

Trish

ChristineR
31-05-2006, 3:50 AM
Thanks to ET in USA for her help, I now have what I am after for the SETH family.

Christine:)