PDA

View Full Version : Marriages in St Botolphs Boston 1851 onwards

Pam Downes
29-05-2006, 1:35 AM
Devoted readers :) of the Lincolnshire forum will already know of the marriage index for 1837 -1850.
Some registration districts have still to be added. I have no information regarding when they will be added, so please do not ask. I will however try to remember to update you.
In the meantime, I have started to transcribe the marriages for the Stump for 1851 onwards. By Wednesday tea-time I should be up to the end of 1864.
The only additional information I will have to that given in the above web site is the register entry number. (But enough info for you to obtain a copy of the PR entry from Lincolnshire Archives.)
At the moment I have still to type up and double-check all the stuff (likely to be 1200 entries by Wednesday) so it is impossible for me to do a general search. However if you have a marriage in the Boston registration district for 1851 onwards I will check to see if it took place at the Stump.
I need the name of either bride and/or groom plus the quarter and the year. If you have the page number from the GRO Index that would be a big help because when I check my entries to the Index I make a note of the page number.
Pam

Geoff Everitt
29-05-2006, 9:10 AM
Hi Pam :wave:

Do you have William EVERITT to Sarah GOODACRE Q1 1862 7a 532 please?

Witnesses names too if you have them (but you've already said you don't, I just thought I'd ask anyway).

Pam Downes
29-05-2006, 9:27 AM
Hi Geoff, |wave|
No, they definitely didn't get married at the Stump.
And had it not been for the fact that I kept a note of the register entry numbers I would have thought I'd missed some entries out because business was very slack that quarter - only 11 marriages.
I know it's not quite the correct spelling, but I can offer you an Elizabeth Everett aged 41, spinster, daughter of John, a fisherman, who married in March quarter 1859, as a consolation prize.
Pam

Pam Downes
29-05-2006, 9:59 AM
Geoff -
Or there's Mary Ann Everitt, father William (a shoemaker), who married Henry Rickards 12 April 1857.
Pam

Geoff Everitt
29-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks anyway Pam. I don't think my lot had any connection with the seagoing EVERITTs.