PDA

View Full Version : Hows in Walthamstow

Jenny Campbell
25-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Is there anyone else researching the How families in Walthamstow. It is very likely that there is no connection between them but I would like to know if anyone knows of a possible link or is descended from any of them. I am descended from James How and Sarah Higgins. I think James was born in Sawbridgeworth, Herts c 1774, he married Sarah in Leyton and I assume (from the places of birth of his children) lived in Walthamstow from the early 1800s. One of his sons, Thomas is my 4 x great grandfather. There are at least two other distinct families in Walthamstow. William bc 1806, Walthamstow (info from the census records, but I can find no confirmation of his birth or parents) and Susanna had many children and descendants. There is also a George and Mary How, (according to the census records George was born c 1778 in Hertfordshire and there is a possible IGI record for him - born Hatfield, parents John and Elizabeth). George and Mary also had a number of children and I am in the process of trying tograndfather. There are at least two other distinct families in Walthamstow. William bc 1806, Walthamstow (info from the census records, but I can find no confirmation of his birth or parents) and Susanna had many children and descendants. There is also a George and Mary How, (according to the census records George was born c 1778 in Hertfordshire and there is a possible IGI record for him - born Hatfield, parents John and Elizabeth). George and Mary also had a number of children and I am in the process of trying to figure them all out.
Looking forward to your replies.
Jenny

arquebus
19-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Jenny.....if you should find that any of your Hows ended up in the Colchester, Ardleigh, Mistley , Manningtree areas I can assist with a whole load more...(I can get back to c1680), ...Unfortunately you may well find that some of them moved to London and the areas that you are looking in, which could no doubt confuse the issue.

Regards Al.