PDA

View Full Version : William Henry Hooper

Terry
01-11-2004, 2:18 PM
Hi all, within the last few days I have been contacted by a long lost 1st cousin twice removed who lives in New Zealand.
The lady concerned belives her grandfather died in England in 1947 (but is by no means certain).
There were two William Hooper deaths indexed in Devon for that year, one was a William H aged 74 (correct so far) who died in the Honiton Reg District in the June quarter of 1947
The other was a William, age 75, who died in the Okehampton Reg District in the Sept quarter of 1947- I suspect this is probably one of the Hatherleigh Hoopers.
There was also a William H aged 85 who died in Bournemouth Reg Dist. in the Dec quarter of 1947- (I've discounted this one because the age is 10 years out)
I have considered ordering the certificates, but know that they are probably not going to help solve the problem without additional information. The William Henry Hooper I'm interested in was a skilled cabinet maker, and had a brief New Zealand connection.
If anyone knows of the two Devon people or can connect with their families please contact me.

Hilma Ardito
11-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I have Hoopers that lived in Stonehouse, Devon .
Does this lady know if her grandfather, William Henry Hooper had brothers and sisters?

Frederick Jervis Hooper b 20 March 1870 died sept 1910
married Alice E. Jones March 1890

Children:
Lily Hooper b 1891
Frederick Hooper b 1894
Reginald Hooper b 6 Mar 1895
James Hooper b 1897
WILLIAM HOOPER b 1900

I have this Hooper family back to 1773.

Hilma Ardito

Rove
12-03-2006, 1:23 AM
Hi Terry

This is not exactly related to your question but I thought I'll let you read it.

I have a brother in law David Hooper from Plymouth Devon born Oct 1940 son of David Hooper and Florence ******.

David jnr came to Melbourne c1970 and now lives here in Melbourne. Yesterday 11th March he flew to Plymouth to visit his mother Florence who is gravely ill.

Hope its of some interest.
Regards. Bill