PDA

View Full Version : Names in our tree ......

Heatha
31-10-2004, 9:09 PM
We have many Norfolk names in our tree, to name a few, in order of importance to us:

THAIN
FISK
MINNS
HOUCHEN
WHITE
RANDLESOME
BERRY
BEECH
DUFFIELD
RACKHAM
BUTCHER
WELBY
RAISIN
GIBSON
DORSETT

so, as you can see, we are related to Norfolk names in many ways!

Please get in touch if you feel inclined and we will try and fill in as many details as we can.

richard horner
01-11-2004, 1:44 PM
Heatha

I do have a THAIN in my tree he's Robert who married Mary HORNE on 12 May 1771 in BLOFIELD, witnesses John BOUNTY and Sarah BEVERLEY

Any help?

Richard

Heatha
02-11-2004, 5:27 AM
Thanks, Richard. I'll file that piece of information. So far I have only traced back to John Thain, born in 1783, birthplace unknown, married Margaret Whiterod in 1818 in Bedingham. If I eventually find a connection I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Heatha.

CookieNanna
16-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi Heatha

I have HOUCHEN in my tree.

Louisa Maria Houchen born c1830 Great Yarmouth married Simon Thomas PESTELL 5 Apr 1852 Great Yarmouth.

Louisa'a parents were Charles & Mary. Their other children were Charles born c1838 & Samuel born c1841.

Charles snr was a Baker and I found him listed on the 1854 Norfolk Whites Directory at Laughing Image Corner, Great Yarmouth.

Any connection to your line?

Sue

Brian
17-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi Heatha
I have William Minns b 1829 son of James Minns and Mary Ann Rendlesham marrying Mary Ann Houchen at St Nicholas Great Yarmouth 14 Jul 1850. There is also Robert Minns 1788 who married Mary Houchin children born in Barnham. Descent on our line from David Minns b1730 Wymondham. Minns is such a complicated line I have many on record that don't 'belong' to me. Hope this helps

regards
Brian

Heatha
18-01-2005, 6:30 AM
Hi Sue,

Thanks for your reply. I've had a bit of email exchange with Valerie PESTELL, regarding Louisa Maria. Do you know her? She is also a descendant. I cannot find a link, although I'm fairly sure that one exists. I need to get hold of more census material. If I find out more I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

Heatha.

Heatha
18-01-2005, 6:38 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I have Mary Ann's name as Randlesham, but it is obviously one and the same. The marriage date certainly agrees with mine. Is this an ancestor? If so, I'd be interested in discussing this further off forum. Is that OK? William was the 3 x great uncle of my partner, Andy Thain (another Norfolk name you may well recognise!).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Heatha.

CookieNanna
18-01-2005, 8:13 PM
Hi Sue,

Thanks for your reply. I've had a bit of email exchange with Valerie PESTELL, regarding Louisa Maria. Do you know her? She is also a descendant. I cannot find a link, although I'm fairly sure that one exists. I need to get hold of more census material. If I find out more I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

Heatha.
Hi Heatha

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I have exchanged many mails with Valerie Pestell, she and I share the same ancestors. Hadn't realised that she had contacted you as well.

Here's hoping that as we gather more information we can link your Houchen ancestors with ours.

Will advise if I come up with any other information.

Best wishes
Sue

rugerky
21-01-2005, 7:31 PM
Hi Cookienanna.
I looking for any info you can give me my the Houchin family name. I'm doing my family tree and I need my England family now. I have a Edward Howchins b. abt 1658 in England. But we have a lot of spelling of our name. What do you know about the coat of arms? I have one that I think came for France that were I read the name came from. I can send it to you if you want. I'm in Calif USA.
Thanks
Roger

CookieNanna
26-01-2005, 7:50 PM
Hi Roger

Not sure I can give you much as I have only gone back to 1806 but here goes.

Charles HOUCHEN born 1806 Combs, Suffolk (this according to the 1851 census). He married Mary, born 1808 Runham, Norfolk.
Children of Charles & Mary:
Louisa Maria born 1830 Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, she married Simon James PESTELL in 1852 Great Yarmouth.
Charles born 1838 Great Yarmouth
Samuel born 1841 Great Yarmouth died 1844 great Yarmouth.

Charles (Father) was a baker by trade and lived Great Yarmouth.

Afraid that is the lot. Does any of it connect to your line?

Would be interested in any info you have and the Coat of Arms.

Regards
Sue

rugerky
31-01-2005, 4:37 PM
Hi Cookienanna.
I can't cut and paste the coat of arms here. Can you give me your e-mail add!!
or if you know how to do it tell me. my e-mail add is.
[email protected]