PDA

View Full Version : olver lamprey mr.

lampreyo
13-05-2006, 2:01 PM
I am seeking info on Elizabeth GEARY who died in newport mon c 1869 at 100 years of age I have a ref 11a pae 85 but I am trying in vain to find her maiden name and place of origin. Any help wold be appreciated O Lamprey

Ladkyis
13-05-2006, 9:24 PM
My first thought is that I would send for the certificate just to see who was the informant.

Then I would check the 1861 census for Newport incase there were other people in the household and see if I could follow her back to her beginnings.

Hope this helps
Ann

lampreyo
24-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Ms ladykis, Thank you for your previos advice. I have a request and I have hit the wall. My g.grandmother born newort 1868 ne Lamprey,Sarah Ellen had ababy my g.father out of wedlock thereby keeping the famly name she then married the father a frederick james Lewis, Newport. I belive he may have died afytera ffirther three children. A living Aunt says she can recall a Nana Hooper or Nan Ellen. my Aunt was born 1922. I would dearly like to know when Sarah Ellen died and whereshe is buried in order to pay some posthumos tribute to her. I really have tred in van Thanks.