PDA

View Full Version : Bunce

Dolly
02-10-2004, 11:37 PM
My Bunces start with John Ingram Bunce born circa 1821 Worcestershire. I found this info on the 1851 census when john is living in Liverpool. He was a sawyer, he names his father as William a joiner on his marriage certificate. I have found a baptism on the IGI that could be his. Father William, mother Hannah, date: 4th March 1821. Also a William Bunce same parents 10th August 1818. Both baptisms in Astley. I've searched the 1841 Worcester census but cannot find any of them in Astley. I am loath to tie up "my" john Bunce with these parents until I can find out more. Any ideas anyone?

ninajayne
31-05-2007, 6:28 PM
Hi Dolly,
I'm also looking into my Bunce Line, I've got a Thomas Bunce born abt 1820 Astley at the moment no idea off his parents.
On the 1841 census i've found what looks to be my Thomas, But also on the same page is a William Bunce age 30 the area is for Wolverhampton Civil Parish:
Bobbing he is with Ann 15 and sarah (4 months) he was not born in the area
Not sure if this is off any use to you,
I to carn't seem to find any Bunce family members on the 1841 census coming from Astley
Regards
Nina

DebbieAnn
31-05-2007, 8:54 PM
I found a John Bunce in the 1841 census that may be yours... age 21, he's in Stoke Newington, Middlesex, occupation gardener, NOT born in county: Class: HO107; Piece 669; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Stoke Newington; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 19; Page: 30

What do you think?

Debbie

DebbieAnn
31-05-2007, 9:21 PM
I've also located a William Bunce, married to Susannah, living in Astley, Worcestershire in 1841. Susannah is 52, William is 48, both born IN county, I can't make out his occupation but looks like 'Sh(a or o)(unreadable letter) M'. One of his neighbors is a Sawyer. He's at: Class: HO107; Piece 1192; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Astley; County: Worcestershire; Enumeration District: 4; Folio: 22; Page: 11

This William might be worth considering as John's father as well.

Debbie

DebbieAnn
31-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Interesting - there is a Thomas Bunce, sawyer, living with wife Mary and 7 children at the Old Workhouse in Astley, Worcestershire in 1841 - but his age is 30, not 21. All are born IN county: Class: HO107; Piece 1192; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Astley; County: Worcestershire; Enumeration District: 3; Folio: 10; Page: 14

Probably of no merit, but still interesting...

Debbie

suemike
13-11-2007, 3:02 PM
Hi Dolly,
I'm also looking into my Bunce Line, I've got a Thomas Bunce born abt 1820 Astley at the moment no idea off his parents.
On the 1841 census i've found what looks to be my Thomas, But also on the same page is a William Bunce age 30 the area is for Wolverhampton Civil Parish:
Bobbing he is with Ann 15 and sarah (4 months) he was not born in the area
Not sure if this is off any use to you,
I to carn't seem to find any Bunce family members on the 1841 census coming from Astley
Regards
Nina
Hello Ninajayne
I have a very large BUNCE family tree with the majority coming from Astley. I also have a cousin who is also researching BUNCE and he also has lots of information in fact his name is BUNCE. My BOURNE'S link to the BUNCE'S by marriage. I have a Thomas B 1819 Astley married to Ann HIND b 1821 could this be your Thomas? There is a Thomas b 1820 Astley married to Elizabeth b 1816 with children Betsey, Fanny and James all b Enville, Stourbridge but they do not link into our tree. E-mail me: [email protected]
Mike Bourne

suemike
13-11-2007, 3:05 PM
I have a very large BUNCE family tree with the majority coming from Astley. I also have a cousin who is also researching BUNCE and he also has lots of information in fact his name is BUNCE. My BOURNE'S link to the BUNCE'S by marriage. I have a Thomas B 1819 Astley married to Ann HIND b 1821 could this be your Thomas? There is a Thomas b 1820 Astley married to Elizabeth b 1816 with children Betsey, Fanny and James all b Enville, Stourbridge but they do not link into our tree.
Mike Bourne

Carmen
04-07-2008, 9:01 AM
If anyone is still searching their Bunce Family from Astley, I happened on the following in Worcester records office this week :-
William Bunce aged 22, awaiting trial 1804 for "Driving away 10 fat sheep the property of ,,,, etc " this was in the quarter sessions records, if that is of interest This would put him being born in Astley c1780's Carmen