PDA

View Full Version : TARRAS in Aberdeenshire

Susan 127
09-05-2006, 7:44 PM
I am looking for information about the parents of a James Tarras, who died in Dec 9, 1902 in Aberdeen. He was married to Isabella Bisset. His death register has his father listed as James Tarras, Blacksmith, but does not have his mother's first name, nor maiden name. I can't find a birth record for him, but was wondering if anyone knew how to determine whether his parents could be James Tarras and Isabella Wallace? I would appreciate any help in trying to figure this out, or any other information regarding the Tarras family in Aberdeen, Fraserburgh, Strichen.....

Also, ScotlandsPeople has been really useful in tracking my family's history. Are there any other sources that might have information that would fill in the gaps that exist?

mlarooij
26-08-2006, 4:53 PM
Hi,
I came across a John TARRAS in Strichen as witness to the baptism in 1767 of a Samuel JOHNSTON son of Samuel & Christian MARTIN(E) It seems to be a very uncommon name. Are any of the JOHNSTON names familiar to you?

catfishcreek162
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi,
I am looking for information on the spouse of John Tarras, Helen Bisset. Helen was born 30 Nov. 1688 in Echt, Aberdeen Co. She was the daughter of George Bisset and Margaret Forbes. John Tarras was born 5 Oct 1867 in Keith Parish, Banff Co. They had at least two known children:- John Tarras, born 26 Sep 1714, in Aberdeen Co. And married Jane Neilson, 17 May 1742, St. Nicholas and Robert Tarras, born about 25 Jan 1717.

It is believed that I am a descendant of the first son, John Tarras.

Thank you in advance, George Shaw
catfish_creek AT hotmail DOT com