PDA

View Full Version : Richard Kennedy C1797, Stapleton

Cymraes38
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Please can someone check out the details of Richard's marriage? I found a record in the parish records as marrying Mary Armstrong, also of Stapleton. The marriage was dated 10 Dec 1814, witnesses were James Kennedy and Margaret Armstrong, neither of whom I can place in the families concerned.
Someone has challenged the fact that Mary was an Armstrong, claiming her for the Underwood family.
I would be very grateful if someone could act as referee and say who, if anyone, is right.

WaltonAus
12-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Hello, On IGI I found this birth which may possibly be your Richard.

RICHARD KENNEDY
Christening: 19 JAN 1794 James Street-Scotch Presbyterian, Whitehaven, Cumberland, England

Parents:
Father: LUMLEY KENNEDY
Mother: ELIZABETH

and this for the marriage:

RICHARD KENNEDY

Marriages:
Spouse: MARY ARMSTRONG Family
Marriage: 10 DEC 1814 Stapleton, Cumberland, England
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

M048891 1813 - 1865 0090665 Film 6905656 Film

Sheet: 00

I know it does not PROVE your point but perhaps you can order a cert. using the source info.

Kind Regards
Peter Euston

kena
27-08-2006, 4:52 PM
Hi Cymraes38, I am also related to this Richard Kennedy (he is my 4 times greatgrandfather) through his son David. Unfortunately I haven't fathomed out Mary yet but I do have a bit more on two further generations back of these Kennedy's.Would be very interested in hearing from you and if you have anything more on this familyline please.

Thanks

Anna

KayEff
16-04-2008, 1:17 PM
A Mary Armstrong was born to an Andrew Armstrong and Mary Forster and was christened 15 Dec 1803 at the Scotch Church, Bewcastle. Might it have been her who married Richard Kennedy at Stapleton in 1814? by Banns, not Licence, so perhaps she was underage?

A Margaret Armstrong was a witness at that wedding. I am wondering if perhaps that Margaret Armstrong was a sister to Mary (There was a Margaret Armstrong born to an Andrew Armstrong and Mary Forster in Bewcastle and christened there in 1792) and if in fact that Margaret Armstrong was my ancestor Margaret Armstrong Gillesby (who married Thomas Gillesby at Stapleton in 1813, a Dolley Kennedy as a witness).

Anybody know anything about the Andrew Armstrong and Mary Forster family of Bewcastle and possibly Stapleton?

HiFly
06-08-2008, 10:26 AM
A Mary Armstrong was born to an Andrew Armstrong and Mary Forster and was christened 15 Dec 1803 at the Scotch Church, Bewcastle. Might it have been her who married Richard Kennedy at Stapleton in 1814? by Banns, not Licence, so perhaps she was underage?

A Margaret Armstrong was a witness at that wedding. I am wondering if perhaps that Margaret Armstrong was a sister to Mary (There was a Margaret Armstrong born to an Andrew Armstrong and Mary Forster in Bewcastle and christened there in 1792) and if in fact that Margaret Armstrong was my ancestor Margaret Armstrong Gillesby (who married Thomas Gillesby at Stapleton in 1813, a Dolley Kennedy as a witness).

Anybody know anything about the Andrew Armstrong and Mary Forster family of Bewcastle and possibly Stapleton?

Welcome to these forums KayEff.

Intriguing 1st post - I recognise some of the names / characters mentioned but looking at my Kennedy tree cant put them all together (yet)....

HiFly