PDA

View Full Version : Picture request Neath

r-careys
07-05-2006, 5:05 AM
Hello Forum members,

I am requesting (if possible) a picturer of Water Street Neath and a picture of the house at number 25

Eve Thomas was resident there in 1881 the night of the census, she is listed as Head of the household and as a widdow.

Annie
07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi Russell
Can't help with a photo at the moment but if you want to see pics of Wales and request one of Neath try this site
http://www.jlb2005.plus.com/walespic/retro/index.htm
John may even have the time to get one of the place you want.

r-careys
08-05-2006, 7:16 AM
Hello Annie :)
Thanks for your response. I don't know what is wrong (it must be me or my computer) but I can not get the web site to work. I clicked on Glamorgan....nothing happened.
I clicked on the most recent images and again nothing happened
I will try again some time later tonight.

Thanks again

Ladkyis
08-05-2006, 8:50 AM
Seems to be working now Russell,

I clicked on Glamorgan and then looked at the list and John already has some neath Street scenes. He lives just a few miles up the road and does take commissions for photographs - very good they are too.

I have no connection with him just satisfied with the results

Ann

r-careys
09-05-2006, 5:35 AM
Thankyou Ann and Annie,
I have tried again and a couple of images loaded, then it locked up again. I think my computer needs more memory.
The wind is blowing here and the rain is pelting down, I bet its really nice in Wales now :(
One day...one day I hope to get there and have a look.

Ladkyis
09-05-2006, 9:09 AM
Well the wind is blowing here too AND the rain is pelting down - at least it was earlier and it will again today and one day...one day I might get to Melbourne to meet my relatives there.
Perhaps our paths will cross. I would email John, the web site owner, and ask him if he has a picture of the street you want and talk to him. He's really nice and helpful.

Ann

r-careys
09-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Thankyou Ann,
I will email John and see what happens. :)
Do you have many relations in Melbourne?
Where..what suburb?
Do you contact them via email?
I wish I could find some of my family in Wales no matter how distant I often wonder if the Thomas family maintained the Stonemason trade through the ages. My brother and I are the last of our family branch and we did not continue the trade.

Ladkyis
09-05-2006, 8:29 PM
My daughter has more relations there than I do because her father's brother emigrated there 40 years ago. She went out to visit him about two years ago and while she was there she visited the rellies we had "discovered" through research. They gave a party and gathered all the family they could together to meet her and then gave her copies of photographs and pictures of family treasures so we could share. there were more than twenty people at the party and my son in law said that it was very strange to see someone who walks like me; tells a story with the same gestures; laughs the same way I do but does it all with an Australian accent. Good genes I call it.