PDA

View Full Version : Mackings/normandale

smallthings
31-10-2004, 2:49 PM
I'm looking for any info on my gggrandparents, William Hodgson MACKINGS and Jane NORMANDALE. They married in Scarborough in 1846, had at least one child, Catherine, who married in South Shields Co Durham in 1868. I think I found Jane on later censuses but no sign on Jane and william or any other children (that I can claim).

Please help if you can!

Jan

smallthings
16-05-2005, 9:08 AM
William and Jane obviously moved down to South Shields after eldest son Thomas was born, as on the 1861 Jane is there with children Thomas born c. 1848, Catherine born c. 1850, Wilson Hudson born c. 1853, (who I strongly suspect is William Hodgson like his dad!), Mary Jane born c. 1856, Ann born c. 1858 and George born c. 1860.

I recently had an email from someone I had contacted last year and out of the blue he replied with some further news and put another keen family researcher in touch with me. This person has 'my' William on his tree! So now I know that William's father was George MACKINS born about 1780 in Pembroke Wales, died 22 Dec 1872 in Scarborough Workhouse, and married to Jane (surname unknown).

George and Jane had at least 5 children, two of whom died early.

Keep searching!

Jan

PhilA
24-07-2005, 2:30 PM
Hi Jan,
Had a look through the 1851 census and found the following:-
HO107/2368/folio 494a/page 8 31, Quay Street, Scarborough
George Mackins head marr age 71yrs Mariner born Wales,
Jane Mackins wife marr age 57yrs born North Burton,
John Mackins son age 22yrs un marr Sail Maker born Scarbrough.
regards,
PhilA.

smallthings
28-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi Phil

Have only just thought to check back again! thanks for your contribution. I've been piecing together info from various censuses but that's all it is so far - info on a page. How I would love someone to tell me a little about the people!

Ah well....

Thanks again.

Jan