PDA

View Full Version : Mackings

smallthings
31-10-2004, 2:38 PM
Hi all

I'm trying to find the parents of Catherine Welch/welsh MACKINGS, my g,grandmother. Catherine was married in South Shields to Nicholas Bell SMALL in 1868. Her parents were William Hodgson MACKINGS and Jane (nee NORMANDALE). They married in Scarborough but I haven't been able to trace them at all.
If anyone could help I'd be sooooo grateful!

Jan

Aliens and spaceships come to mind with these two!

smallthings
16-05-2005, 9:09 AM
William and Jane obviously moved down to South Shields after eldest son Thomas was born, as on the 1861 Jane is there with children Thomas born c. 1848, Catherine born c. 1850, Wilson Hudson born c. 1853, (who I strongly suspect is William Hodgson like his dad!), Mary Jane born c. 1856, Ann born c. 1858 and George born c. 1860.

I recently had an email from someone I had contacted last year and out of the blue he replied with some further news and put another keen family researcher in touch with me. This person has 'my' William on his tree! So now I know that William's father was George MACKINS born about 1780 in Pembroke Wales, died 22 Dec 1872 in Scarborough Workhouse, and married to Jane (surname unknown).

George and Jane had at least 5 children, two of whom died early.

Keep searching!

Jan