PDA

View Full Version : lawrie/mcdowell Co. Down

cattay
05-05-2006, 3:13 AM
Hi wondering if any one can help. Trying to find g.g.g.g/parents David Lawrie born about 1782 Co Down and Mary Ann McDowell born about 1886 also of Co. Down believe to have married about 1807. One son is Robert born 1808 Co. Down and then my g.g.grandfather Alexander 01/10/1821 in Kilmarnock Aryshire Scotland. Alexander married Isabella Gebbie 1843. They in turn had a son John whose surname comes up as Laurie and 3 daughters Margaret, Jane and Isabella surnames Lawrie. Alexander and Isabella along with the girls came out to Australia arriving victoria Oct 1854. There is no trace of John so I do not know what happened to him. I have found info on the girls in Australia who they married at least, although young Isabella died 1855. 2 more children were born in Vic Aust 1 being my great granddad Alexander and another Isabella. I have now just made contact with Jane's g.grandson here so now getting info about her from him. Still no contact with Margaret or 2nd Isabella side but only just starting out there. What I was wondering is were can I go to find info out about David and Mary births etc and finding this mystery John. Any help or any one with info on them would be muchly appreciated Cheers Cath

p/s I have info on Robert's side now who he married etc (2 wives) :-)
pss I live in Australia so finding info is hard :-(