PDA

View Full Version : Electoral Roll - best site ?

Simon in Bucks
19-04-2006, 4:57 PM
I'm tracing back my family tree (surprise, surprise !!) - and I believe that my Grandfathers half-brother is still alive somewhere......

I was given an old address that one of my family had - and I sent a note off to it this morning - it was from a while back, so a real long shot.

However, I see that there are web-sites that offer Electoral Roll info at various prices.

All I want is an address - I don't want unlimited looking - just one name, that's it.

Can anyone advise on which 'sign-up' is best ?

For the record - he's Wilfred H Lorton - born J/F/M 1919 (Southwark 1d 83) - mothers maiden name Mott (Harriet Annie) - father was Henry Lorton.

If anyone already has access to the Electoral Roll, an address would be great - please Private Message me - I have full worldwide access on Ancestry (if that is a fair trade off for a look up).

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Simon Holding

Elley
19-04-2006, 5:21 PM
Hi Simon,

Have sent PM

Elley

Simon in Bucks
19-04-2006, 6:42 PM
Hi Simon,

Have sent PM

Elley

Thank you very much - have sent a PM back.

Much, much appreciated.

Simon in Bucks
19-04-2006, 7:34 PM
Thanks to Elley - I now have an address.

Tomorrow a short note goes in the post and I'll let you all know what I get back in response !

Simon in Bucks
04-05-2006, 5:59 PM
Many, many thanks to Elley for his help - absolutely great and very much appreciated.

I sent off a letter a couple of weeks back and today I got a response from my Grandfathers half-brother..........I think he was rather surprised at my letter !

Hopefully I'll arrange a meeting with him and then be able to ask loads of questions from the 1920's onwards (and a bit before).

I'll of course update as to what happens.

I'm now rather pleased............

Simon

Ron Leech
05-05-2006, 7:10 AM
Well done Simon it is always good to hear when the end result worked. Let's hope you get some good information.