PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Birth Certificate - Maria Bevan

rasmusseneric
14-04-2006, 7:41 AM
Thanks to MarkJ, I have some details on my wife's g-grandmother - Maria Bevan.

Maria was born in Brislington, Bristol in 1853.

How do I go about obtaining a birth certificate?

sbaxter
14-04-2006, 9:33 AM
Thanks to MarkJ, I have some details on my wife's g-grandmother - Maria Bevan.

Maria was born in Brislington, Bristol in 1853.

How do I go about obtaining a birth certificate?

Go to the General Record Office website www.gro.gov.uk where you can order copy certificates online (they cost £7 each if you have the GRO reference number from the indexes).

HTH

Steve Baxter

rasmusseneric
14-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Go to the General Record Office website www.gro.gov.uk where you can order copy certificates online (they cost £7 each if you have the GRO reference number from the indexes).

HTH

Steve Baxter
Thanks, Steve

Will do :D

rasmusseneric
14-04-2006, 11:33 AM
I have found a reference to Maria Bevan which gives the Registrar's district as Ipswich and the Volume and page number as 4a 333. (Q1 1853)

Given that she was born in Brislington in 1853, is the reference above likely to be her?

MarkJ
14-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I have found a reference to Maria Bevan which gives the Registrar's district as Ipswich and the Volume and page number as 4a 333. (Q1 1853)

Given that she was born in Brislington in 1853, is the reference above likely to be her?

No. Ipswich is in the East of the UK, Bristol is in the South West - so unlikely to be the same person.
5c 696 - December quarter 1852 Keynsham district is probably the one you are after.
Keynsham is part of Bristol area - and would appear to fit in better with the information you hold. It is about 3 miles from Brislington, so it would be likely that Maria would be registered there.

Cheers,
Mark

rasmusseneric
14-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks Mark

Is your reference all I need to obtain a copy of her birth certificate?

Eric Rasmussen