PDA

View Full Version : Death Certificates

Willaston Lad
08-04-2006, 11:55 AM
My apologies if this is posted elsewhere.

Is there anywhere that holds copies of death certificate information for Cheshire that I would be able to go and view information rather than go to the registration office with my £7 every five minutes??

Thanks
Ian

Wirral
11-04-2006, 7:49 PM
Hi Ian
I don't think there is any cheaper way of seeing the death certificates. Have you tried the burials in church records? Although they do not give as much info, occasionally they do give cause of death or relationships. Also, memorial inscriptions can give valuable info. I just found one that had the place & date of birth of the 1st person, plus their most recent abode, plus their wife's full name, plus their daughter's name plus their son-in-law's name, age at death, date of death & actual place of death (he was a captain on board ship).
Birkenhead Central Library has various parish records, memorial inscription registers etc for the Wirral.

beddows
11-04-2006, 10:06 PM
From your name I suggest that you could try Crewe or Nantwich Library or even Chester.
I Know that Nantwich have a family/local history room unsure about Crewe.

Willaston Lad
12-04-2006, 3:14 PM
Thanks for the pointers.

I'm looking at Willaston Wirral, not Willaston Crewe but thanks to Beddows anyhow!