PDA

View Full Version : Help with Birth certificate required

maz1950
07-04-2006, 8:09 AM
I am trying to trace the birth certificate for Henry Jenkins born between 1857 (1891 cencus) and ( marriage certificate) 1861. I have his marriage certificate married 26/12/1881 Kensington to Harriet Webb. His father is shown as Joseph Jenkins photographer. Yesterday Copper found him for me on 1891 cencus and his birth place is shown as Westminster London. His parents may not have been married but he has his fathers surname so I am not sure. Family stories (myth) is that his father Joseph was from Carmarthenshire and a wealthy farming family and that he ran away to London. The story also goes that he lived in London with two Aunts (possiblyy the Chelsea area) who were photographers and he is shown as a photographer on Henry's marriage certificate. I have checked BMD but there are so may Henry Jenkins' that I do not know where to start. There are none shown for Westminster Can anyone give me a few pionters. Unfortunately other than the entry on the 1891 cencus found of Henry with his wife Harriet and son Fred (kensington) I have no sightings of him. The reson I couldn't find on the Ancsetry site that I use for my cencus research is that his surname is recorded as Jinkins. Expert guidance on how to find his bith certificate would be much appreciated. MAz